TRAIN SEAT AVAILABILITY
On RailMitra, checking train seat availability is easy and effortless. When you search for berth availability in your chosen train and class of travel on your date of travel, you will get results of a list of berth available on the particular class of the train on the date of journey and for 6 more days in a row.
The data of RailMitra train seat availability is accurate and updated in real-time. This will help you book your tickets at the earliest.
Check Train Seat Availability Online
You can check seat availability in trains online from RailMitra website or app. With RailMitra, you don’t have to worry about standing in a long queue to check train seat availability.
Search berth availability in your desired train and class online on your chosen date of travel. RailMitra app enables you to check train seat availability from your phone anywhere and anytime. You can learn about the chances of train seat confirmation at the comfort of your home within minutes.
How to Check Seat Availability
Check train seat availability online from RailMitra by following these steps:
- Visit RailMitra website or download RailMitra app
- Navigate to “Seat Availability”
- Enter the required details:
- Train Number: Enter the initial digits of the train name or number and select the particular train from the suggestions of the drop-down menu.
- From Station: Enter the origin station’s name or station code and select the right one from the drop-down menu.
- To Station: Enter the destination station’s name or station code and select from the suggestions of the drop-down menu.
- Boarding Date: Select the date of the journey from the calendar.
- Class of Travel: Select the preferred class of travel from the drop-down options of 1A, 2A, 3A, CC, 2S, SL or FC.
- Hit the "Get Seat Availability" button
Benefits of Checking Train Seat Availability on RailMitra
- Get accurate seat availability information in real-time
- Convenient search for train seat availability
- Information of train seat availability in advance for upcoming days
- Search IRCTC train seat availability online at the comfort of your home
- Check confirmation chances of train seat
Status of Indian Railways Inquiry of Seat Availability
The status of Indian railways inquiry of seat availability can show:
- Not Available
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Seat Availability
1. Why check IRCTC Seat Availability before Booking Train Tickets?
Before booking your train tickets, you need to know about the status of railway reservation seat availability. When you have decided the date of travel and the route of the journey, you need to find the train berth available in your desired train in your preferred class of travel. When you check seat availability online from RailMitra, you can find the details of the status of IRCTC seat availability for the upcoming dates.
2. What to Do When the Train Berth Availability Shows “Not Available” or “Waitlisted”?
When you are not able to find the status of “Available” in a train and see only the status as “Not Available” or “Waitlisted”, you can try any of these steps to find a seat for railway reservation:
- Check the train berth availability in a different class of travel
- Check the railway reservation seat availability on a different date of journey
- Search IRCTC seat availability in a different train on the same route
3. Why Checking Train Seat Availability Through the Online Mode Is Better Than Offline One?
- You can avoid the hassle of standing in a long queue
- You can avoid travelling to the station for checking the train seat availability
- You can check the train seat availability from your phone
- You can check the IRCTC seat availability at the comfort of your home
- You can get train berth availability details anytime anywhere
- You can choose the best available seat, class, and train and book tickets online
Railway Enquiries and Services through RailMitra App
RailMitra is an all-in-one railway app with useful features for every Indian railway passengers. RailMitra app helps you along your train journey with its railway enquiry features of:
- Order Food in Train – Get online food delivery in train through RailMitra
- PNR Status – Check live PNR status by entering 10-digits PNR number
- Train Schedule – Check live train time table online using RailMitra
- Train Live Status – Check live train running status online by entering train name
- Train Between Stations – Check upcoming train between stations through RailMitra
- Live Station Arrival and Departure – Check live arrival and departure status of trains between stations in the next 2, 4, and 8 hours
- Seat Availability – Check to train seat availability online
- Fare Enquiry – Get train ticket fare details online of any train in any class
- Station Details – Enter station name to get train schedule and time table
- Rail News – Read the latest railway news and stay updated
- Hotel by Hour – Book Hourly Hotels Near Railway Station
Download RailMitra, an all-in-one railway app from Google Play Store to order food on train and avail railway enquiry services on the go, such as checking PNR status, train time table, train between stations, train seat availability, train fare enquiry and more.