Rail News: The IRCTC has decided to restore the pre-COVID ticket booking system of preparing the second reservation chart 30 minutes to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of trains from stations.
What is the New Train Ticket Booking Rules?
IRCTC has introduced a new rule for train ticket booking. According to this new rule, the second reservation chart will be prepared 30 minutes before the trains’ scheduled departure. Now, seats will be available even five minutes before the train leaves the station. This new ticket booking rule has been made for the comfort of passengers.
Booking or Cancellation of Tickets 5 Minutes Before Trains’ Departure
- During the COVID-19 pandemic period, the second chart was prepared two hours before the train’s departure for the passengers’ convenience.
- Before coronavirus pandemic times, only the first chart used to be prepared four hours before the trains’ departure. The remaining seats could be reserved by passengers online or by visiting passenger reservation system (PRS) counters even 30 minutes before the departure. People were given seats on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The new rules in the system will help those passengers who may have to deal with the plan’s changes at the last moment. It will allow those travellers who have a last-minute change of plan to book or cancel tickets before the second chart is prepared.
- Cancellation of booked tickets was also permitted during this period as per the refund rules provision.
Central Railway Information System (CRIS) has been informed to check and update their ticket booking systems, which can be made more effective from 10th October.
How You Can Book a Train Ticket from IRCTC
- Log on to IRCTC official website to start your search for a train.
- Fill in your source and destination station, choose the date of journey, coach class, and click on the ‘Find Trains’ option button.
- Select the train from the list, along with the travel class.
- Click on the option ‘Check Seat Availability and Fare.’
- Then proceed to book the ticket, if seats are available.
- Click on the ‘Book Now’ button, fill in your information such as name, gender, age, and berth preference.
- If the confirmed seats are allotted, the booking option will be assigned.
- Enter the phone number and type captcha in a box. Click on the ‘Continue Booking’ button.
- Once you’re redirected to the payment options page, choose the preferred mode of payment, such as debit card, credit card, or others.
- After the payment is completed, the ticket will be confirmed, and you will receive the ticket on the registered phone number and email ID.
Passengers of Indian Railways Can Book Free Train Tickets Using Reward Points
IRCTC SBI RuPay Card (contactless credit card) was launched to boost the Modi government’s Digital India, Atmanirbhar Bharat, and Make in India initiatives. IRCTC SBI RuPay Card was launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), IRCTC, and State Bank of India.
Some of the main features of the IRCTC SBI RuPay Credit Card are:
- The card is more convenient, secure, faster, and it is equipped with ‘Near Field Communication’ technology.
- No joining fee is to be charged until 31st March 2021.
- If the Indian railway ticket bookings are made through the IRCTC web portal, it will give up to 10 per cent back as reward points (1 reward point = Rupee 1).
- For free train tickets, users can redeem their reward points for family and friends.
- There will be 1 per cent transaction charges waiver on ticket booking through IRCTC website.
If you are planning to travel by train, make sure to pre-order your food on trains online to have a hassle-free travel experience.
For the latest rail news and updates, you can follow Indian Railway News on RailMitra!