Food Order in Train
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Food Delivery In Train
Indian Railways has come a long way since the independence. From online ticket booking to starting superfast trains and becoming the fourth largest rail network in the world, Indian Railways has seen it all. There were raising concerns about bad quality food served in trains and the ill-health consequences faced by passengers. As a result, IRCTC, a subsidiary of Indian Railways, started e-catering service in train that changed the entire scenario catering system in trains and proffered the passengers with hot, tasty restaurant-style and hygienic food in train. Gone are the days when you had to rely on pantry car food to pacify your hunger. Now, you can order food online and choose among multiple food options while travelling. RailMitra is an official and authorized catering partner of IRCTC and we work with full diligence to deliver fresh and delicious food to passengers at their seat. We offer a variety of cuisines to choose from including North Indian, Chinese, Italian, Jain food, Mughlai, South Indian, and Continental. Apart from these options, regional foods are also on the menu, so that you won’t miss your home delicacies while travelling.
Why to Order Food Online in Train?
There are many reasons for a passenger to order food in train via e-catering rather than having pantry car food. Recent claims from popular food safety and security bodies as well as growing complaints have proven that pantry car food lacks hygiene too. It is always good and advisable to order food online in train from RailMitra because:
- Hygienic Food Prepared by Top Restaurants:You will get delicious and fresh food from top restaurants directly to your seat when your train reaches the station. Food is prepared by our premium catering partners in a hygienic and clean kitchen which is good for health and tasty to eat during travel.
- Ease of Availability:Now getting hot and yummy food on train is no longer a dream. With the help of our catering partners, we have made our presence in 600+ stations in India. So it doesn’t matter if you are travelling to New Delhi from Howrah or to Ahmedabad from Mumbai, you will always get your food ready at your desired station. We are still growing our numbers and aim to reach all the railway stations in India.
- Multiple Choices of Cuisines:With pantry car, you get only a limited number of food options. But if you choose to order online through RailMitra, you will get enough options to choose among the delicacies listed on our portal. We have tie-ups with top restaurants who serve a variety of food so that no passengers are disappointed by our service.
- FSSAI-Approved E-Catering Service Providers:Food safety is our top priority. So we have partnerships with only those providers who are FSSAI approved. We make sure that our customers get healthy and fresh food at every station. Thus, you can relax and enjoy your travelling.
- Regional Food Choices Made Available:
To cater to the demands of our precious customers, we have made available regional food items. So, if you are a Patnaite going from Patna to Delhi and need sumptuous Litti Chokha at Kanpur station, you will not be disappointed. Or maybe you are a Gujarati going to Chennai and want fresh dhokla; we try our best to fulfil your wishes.
- Food will always be delivered to your seat:Our delivery executive will deliver the food right at your seat. No unwanted hassles! Sit back, relax, and just wait for your order as soon as the train reaches your station.
- Customer Support Available:
Want to order more stuffs at the next station or need any help regarding food order? Don’t worry! We are always ready to solve your issues as quickly as possible. You can call us on 8102888222 between 7am and 10pm. Our customer care representatives will support you. Alternatively, you can write us at [email protected] if you have any complaints, queries, or suggestions.
How Does RailMitra Food Ordering System Work?
Our system of food delivery in train is completely computerized. Anyone with a valid PNR number and confirmed ticket status can use our services to order food.in train.
The whole process can be subdivided in the following six stages:
- Enter PNR number in the portal.
- Choose among the stations and food options you want to order en route.
- Move to cart section and check the order details.
- Enter the details and confirm your order.
- Pay the food bill online by credit card/Debit card/Net Banking or via digital wallets like Paytm or PayUMoney
- Enjoy your food
Food Order in Train: What happens in the backend?
- User makes a request for order by entering PNR number. That request is sent to our backend team for confirmation.
- After cross checking of PNR number and successful verification of passenger’s details, the order is accepted to proceed further.
- RailMitra sends order notification to the restaurant partner of that particular station. Another notification is sent to the customer to inform that order is accepted.
- After receiving order details from our catering partners, the restaurant verifies the order by calling the passenger about the order.
- Food is prepared in a hygienic condition and packed properly.
- Order is sent out for delivery by one of our delivery executives.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is RailMitra e-catering service?
RailMitra is an official IRCTC partner for providing food delivery services in trains. Now passengers can enjoy healthy and tasty restaurant food on their seat while travelling.
How can I order food from RailMitra?
You can order your meal through following modes:
- Online - Go to our website to book your meal
- Mobile App - Download food ordering app from Playstore to order your food
- By making a call on 8102888222
How can I book order from website?
If you have a valid PNR number with confirmed reservation ticket, then you can visit our website to order meal in train. The process of booking is as follows:
- Enter your PNR number and check the food options. If you want to order through train number or train name, then you will have to enter your PNR number for verification purposes before confirmation of order.
- You will have a list of different stations where you can get your food served. Choose your station and then you will get vendor menu along with item prices.
- Select the restaurant and then your food items. Your order amount will be displayed alongside.
- Place your order and then proceed to the payment page where you will have the option to pay online or through cash.
How can I order food from mobile app?
We have launched our official app for all android devices. You can order your favorite food from our app. Download it from here: Train PNR Status, Order Food in Train
How can I order food by call?
Your Internet isn’t working due to poor cell connectivity? Don’t worry, you can still enjoy delicious food and order whatever you wish. Just give us a call on 8102888222. One of our representatives will ask you your PNR number. After successful verification of PNR number, you can place your order.
What is the minimum booking amount to place an order?
The minimum order amount may be different for different restaurants. Any such terms and conditions are clearly mentioned along with price details of food items on the website.
How will I know if my order is confirmed?
After you successfully placed an order, you will get a confirmation SMS on your mobile number as well as your email id. That contains details of your order and also an OTP which must be shared with delivery executive while your food gets delivered.
My ticket isn’t confirmed. Can I order food?
Yes! Even if your ticket is not confirmed and you are travelling as a waitlist passenger, you can order food. But we don’t deliver food to unconfirmed tickets. You can order food through any confirmed or RAC passenger ticket. Remember to be at that seat when your order is delivered.
How do I check the status of my order?
After you place your order, you will get an order id on your mobile number. Visit our tracking order status page and enter your order id & mobile number to get the current status of your order.
How do I cancel my order?
If for any reason, you want to cancel your order, call our customer support executives at 8102888222 stating your reason for cancellation. Our team will be ready to help you.
My train is running late. Will I get my order?
We always track your train running status to make sure that we don’t miss your order. However, if your train is running late for more than 2 hours, one of our representatives will call you to confirm if you still want your order. If by any chance, the train reaches your station beyond our service time i.e. 7am to 10pm, then your order will be automatically cancelled. You will be informed about your order cancellation and refund process will be initiated if paid online.
When will I get a refund for cancelled orders?
If you cancel your order 24 hours before the delivery time, then after deducting an administrative fee of 10%, the rest order amount will be credited to the original payment option in 5-7 working days. In case, if you cancel your order upto 1 hour before the delivery time, then an administrative fee of 25% is deducted and the rest order amount is refunded.
I booked 5 tickets against one PNR. But only 3 of them are confirmed. Can I order food in that case?
Yes, definitely. Partially confirmed tickets are also valid for ordering food.
I am travelling in Rajdhani Express. Can I order food through RailMitra?
Yes, our services can be availed by passengers travelling in any kind of trains including Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Duranto, Garibrath, Janshatabdi, Gatiman, Mail, Express, Superfast, and Special trains. As long as you have a confirmed booking reservation in any train, you can always order food.
I am not satisfied with the quality of food. Where do I complain?
In case you need any assistance from our side, we are always ready to help you. Reach us at 8102888222 between 7am and 10pm. We will be glad to solve your issues. You can also write to us at [email protected].