Indian Railways is one of the nation’s most progressing transport systems. It is rapidly working on its infrastructure, networking, and others to make the railway journey a comfortable experience for each traveller. Recently, it has achieved another milestone by introducing the first electric train to the northeastern state of Meghalaya.
Meghalaya train is the outcome of Indian railways’ complete electrification project under which railways have completed the electrification of 22.823 km Dudhnoi – Mendipathar single line section and 34.59 km Abhayapuri – Pancharatna double line section.
Meghalaya’s First Electric Train Details
Meghalaya’s First electric train runs between Dudhnoi Railway Station of Assam to Mendipathar Railway Station of Meghalaya. Mendipathar is the only railway station in the state with the station code MNDP under the North Frontier Railway zone.
Train number 05607, Guwahati-Mendipathar passenger special, originates from Guwahati Junction at 12:45 PM and reaches Dudhnoi Junction at 3:30 PM. And afterwards, it runs towards Meghalaya to reach Mendipathar railway station at 4:50 PM. The tariff of the train from Guwahati to Meghalaya is RS. 35.
Benefits of Meghalaya’s Electric Train
Meghalaya is a beautiful destination known for the world’s only floating national park, lush greenery, unique culture, and beautiful sceneries. However, the connectivity to this Northeastern state needs much improvement.
The launch of electric trains running towards Meghalaya is a significant step towards increasing tourism and boosting the state’s economy. Indian Railways is the best mode to commute in the county. It is easily accessible, economical and comparatively a safer transport mode.
Dudhnoi Railway Station of Assam is connected to Guwahati Junction, Kamakhya Junction, New Bongaigaon Junction, etc. And now, the connection to Mendipathar from the station will improve transportation infrastructure, foster small business growth, accelerate the pace of technological innovation and make travel to the state more economical. As with the rapid development and introduction of more such trains, passengers will get Delhi to Meghalaya train, Kolkata to Meghalaya train, Mumbai to Shillong train, Chennai to Meghalaya train etc., directly for their tour to India’s scenery state.
Moreover, upcoming development of the electric railway line in the Northeastern state will improve connectivity, bring tourism and contribute to India’s long run mission to become a developed nation.
How Electric Train Enhances Passenger’s Journey Experience
Electric trains enhance the passenger’s journey experience in numerous ways.
- Usually, Electric trains are equipped with well-designed seats. I.e. comfortable for rail passengers.
- Electric trains run faster than diesel-powered trains, allowing passengers to reach their destination faster. It reduces travel time and increases the overall efficiency of the journey.
- Electric trains produce less pollution than diesel-powered trains, as they do not emit harmful gases. It can provide passengers with a more pleasant journey experience and contribute to the environment’s overall health. Moreover, electric trains also produce less sound pollution than diesel trains.
- Electric trains are generally safer than diesel-powered trains, as they have a lower risk of fire or explosion due to the absence of flammable fuels. Additionally, electric trains tend to have more advanced safety features, such as automatic braking systems, which can further enhance passenger safety.
- Diesel-powered trains usually cover short-distance routes, whereas Electric trains can run on long routes, making rail connectivity to other parts of the country convenient.
- Numerous facilities are also available on electric trains, such as e-catering, pantry cars, GPS train-tracking systems etc.
- Passengers can check the online activity of trains, such as live train running status, train schedule, live train arrival and departure etc., with the help of a rail app such as RailMitra.
RailMitra and Its Services for Train
RailMitra provides food in train services at 450+ stations of Indian Railways. Passengers travelling in trains can order varieties of food online, including veg, non-veg, Jain, and regional food, with the RailMitra app and website.
Live Train Status
With the Rail enquiry app, RailMitra, passengers can check the live status of the electric train online. It will help them to know their next station, last passed station etc.
Travellers can check the schedule of electric trains on their mobile phones. It will include the train’s departure and arrival time, delays etc.
The rail app lets passengers know the journey fare by accessing its “Fare enquiry” button, which will help them in estimating their journey budget.
In addition, RailMitra also helps the traveller to know the trains between two stations, station details, and seat availability online.
The rail app is a one-stop solution for all rail enquiries of passengers.