Rail News: The Indian Railways will extend the operation of Puja Special trains till 31 December 2020.
Regular operation of trains has been closed since March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Railways have been operating some special trains for the convenience of passengers. Still, the operation of regular passenger trains is closed at all the places in the country. But for the festivals of Durga Puja, Diwali and Chhath, the Railways started operating some Puja special trains. The Indian Railways has already announced festival special trains for Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hatia to run till 30 November. The announcement came after the Railway Board’s approval due to the large crowds on Diwali and Chhath. Now, the railways have announced that the operation of some Pooja special trains to Bihar will continue till 31 December.
The decision came last week after the Ministry Of Commerce proposed an extension of four months. The extension will provide much-needed relief to commuters given the passengers’ rush in stations and trains.
Like the other special trains, all coaches in these trains will be in the reserved category. Along with this, passengers will have to follow the protocol associated with COVID-19. Check out the list of trains which have been extended.
Below is the List of Major Puja Special Trains
- Gorakhpur-Trivandrum Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Jammutavi Pooja Special Train
- Bhagalpur-Jammutavi Pooja Special Train
- Chapra-Delhi Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-LTT Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Kolkata Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Howrah Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-AnandVihar Pooja Special Train
- Chapra-LTT Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Pune Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Shalimar Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-Chandigarh Pooja Special Train
- Pune-Gorakhpur-Pune Pooja Special Train
- LTT-Gorakhpur Pooja Special Train
- Gorakhpur-CSTM Pooja Special Train
- Lucknow-Pataliputra Pooja Special Train
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Railways has changed the train schedule of the Gwalior-Barauni puja special train. The 04185 Gwalior-Barauni puja special train will now run from Gwalior at 12.00 p.m. daily from 28 November till further notice.
The Ministry of Railways had increased the number of trains to Bihar, UP, and other states during Diwali and Chhath Puja. The Indian railways had added around 400 new special trains and issued a notice regarding the train time table, ticket availability and travel guidelines during the festive season. These include 8 pairs of festival special trains launched for Bihar.
Check out the Schedule of the Extended Pooja Special Trains:
05251 Darbhanga-Jalandhar City Weekly Pooja Special Train
This weekly puja special train will run till 26 December 2020. This train will leave Darbhanga every Saturday at 03.30. This train will reach Jalandhar City at 5.10 a.m. the next day. The train will run from Darbhanga to Jalandhar City via Sitamarhi, Raxaul, Sugauli, Bettiah, Narkatiaganj, Gorakhpur, Sitapur, Bareilly, Moradabad, Luxor, Saharanpur, Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana.
05252 Jalandhar – Darbhanga Weekly Pooja Special Train
This weekly Puja special train will run till 27 December 2020. This train will depart Jalandhar City every Sunday at 09.25 am and reach Darbhanga at 9.50 a.m. the next day. This train will depart Jalandhar and arrive Darbhanga via Ludhiana, Ambala Cantt, Saharanpur, Luxor, Moradabad, Bareilly, Sitapur, Gorakhpur, Narkatiaganj, Bettiah, Sugauli, Raxaul, Sitamarhi.
05529 Saharsa-AnandVihar Terminus Weekly Pooja Special Train
This weekly Puja special train will run till 30 December 2020. This train will leave Saharsa at 14.32 every Wednesday and reach AnandVihar Terminus at 18.15 the next day. This train will run from Saharsa to Bakhtiyarpur, Mansi, Khagaria, Begusarai, Barauni, Samastipur, Muzaffarpur, BapudhamMotihari, Sagouli, Bettiah, Narkatiaganj, Harinagar, Bagaha, Kaptanganj, Gorakhpur, Basti, Mankapur, Gonda, Sitapur, Chandpur, MundapurAnandVihar Terminus will reach Ghaziabad.
05530 AnandVihar Terminus – Saharsa Weekly Pooja Special Train
05530 AnandVihar Terminus-Saharsa Weekly Puja Special Train will leave AnandViharTerminus every Thursday 23.45 till 31 December 2020 at 00.23, Hapur 01.10, Moradabad 03.00, Chandausi 03.55, Sitapur at 03.55. From Gonda, 11.30 from Mankapur, 11.54 from Basti, 12.53 from Gorakhpur, 15.05 from Gorakhpur, 15.55 from Kaptanganj, 17.22 from Baragaon, 17.45 from Narakatayganj, 18.10 from Nattakatayganj.
05531 Saharsa-Amritsar Weekly Pooja Special Train
This weekly Puja special train will run till 27 December 2020. This train will depart Saharsa every Sunday at 03.16 and reach Amritsar at 14.40 the next day. This train will run from Saharsa to SemriBakhtiyarpur, Mansi, Khagaria, Hasanpur Road, Ruseraghat, Samastipur, Muzaffarpur, Hajipur, Sonpur, Chapra, Siwan, Bhatni, DeoriaSadar, Gorakhpur, Basti, Gonda, Sitapur, Bareilly, Moradabad, Luxor, SaranpurAmbalaCantt will reach Amritsar via Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Vyas.
05532 Amritsar-Saharsa Weekly Pooja Special Train
Train No. 05532 Amritsar-Saharsa Weekly Pooja Special Train will run every Monday from 28 December 2020 at 17.45 hrs from Amritsar to Vyas at 18.17 hrs. From Saharanpur 02.20, Luxor 03.07, Moradabad 05.33, Bareilly 06.53, Sitapur at 11.23, Gonda from 14.15, Gorakhpur from 17.00, DeoriaSadar from 17.56, Sivan at 19.10, Sonpur at 21.42, Hajipur at 21.57, Muzaffarpur at 22.50, Samastipur at 23.50, Third Day Ruseraght at 00.14, Hassanpur at 00.30, Kharsaria at 01.20. It will leave Sakharsha at 02.28 from Baktiyarpur.
Also Read: Diwali and Chhath Puja Special Trains List
Apart from this, the duration of the following trains has also been extended:
- 01033 Pune-Darbhanga weekly festival special train will be run till 30 December 2020.
- 01034 Darbhanga-Pune weekly festival special train will be run till 1 January 2021.
- 02143 Pune-Barauni Bi-Weekly festival Special train will be run till 27 December 2020.
- 01144 Barauni-Pune Bi-Weekly festival special train will be run till 29 December 2020.
The Indian Railways have extended the operation of 44 more special trains either originating from or passing through the East Central Railway (ECR) till 31 December to cope with the Chhath rush. This is in addition to 36 other special trains which had already been extended till 31 December.
According to ECR Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO) Rajesh Kumar:
- The Rajendra Nagar Terminal-Howrah special (02351/02352), which was earlier scheduled to run up to 30 November, will now run till 31 December.
- The Danapur-Yesvantpur (03209/03210), Barauni-Ernakulam (02521/02522) and Darbhanga-Mysore special trains (02577/02578) will now run till 2 January 2021.
- The Gaya-Chennai weekly special (02389/02390) will run till 29 December via Pt. DeenDayalUpadhyaya Junction.
- The Patliputra-Yesvantpur weekly special (03251/03252) will run till 28 December.
- The running of Patna-Dhanbad (03329/03330), Patna-Barkakana (03347/03348) and Patna-Singrauli special trains (03349/03350) have also been extended till 31 December.
- The Sealdah-Saharsa biweekly special (03169/03170, 03163/03164), Bhagalpur-Ranchi special (03403/03404) and Malda Town-Kiul special (03409/03410) will now run from 1 December till further orders.
- The Howrah-Dhanbad special (02339/02340) and Howrah-Mumbai special (02321/02322) will run daily from 1 December till further orders.
- The Howrah-Barmer special (02323/02324) and Howrah-Jammu Tawi special (02331/02332), which will run via Patna Junction, and the Howrah-Kathgodam special (03019/03020) and Howrah-Raxaul special (03021/03022) via Samastipur-Hajipur, will now run daily till 31 December.
- The Sealdah-Jaynagar (03185/03186), MadanMahal-Singrauli (01651/01652) and Jabalpur-Howrah special trains (01447/01448) will run daily from 1 December till further orders.
Passengers can check the train PNR status and get Waitlist PNR Prediction online.
You can also check the ticket price of train and spot your train online through the train app, RailMitra by downloading it from the google play store.
For the latest rail news and updates, you can follow Indian Railway News on RailMitra!