A happy new year has lots in its hand to shower on the people. With the arrival of the New Year in India, here comes Republic Day to offer a weekend celebration with pride. The capital of India, Delhi, is one of the most incredible destinations to celebrate Republic day. During the event, people across India visit Delhi to view the fabulous celebration of gantantra diwas. You can also reserve your train tickets to Delhi and plan to get mesmerised by the breath-holding National Festival – Republic Day in New Delhi.
Things to Witness in Delhi On Republic Day
Various events happen on Republic day in Delhi. You visit the renowned India Gate, Kartaway Path, to celebrate republic day.
Kids Bravery Award Function
An attraction for the children and grownups! Every year, some brave children are chosen to receive an award from the President for showcasing the extraordinarily brave for public welfare or during a disaster. This inspires the children watching them and encourages them to do well.
The Camel Show
The Jaisalmer camel-mounted BSF contingent is not only enjoyable enough to see but holds pride to say “single camel-mounted band”, which has been registered in the Guinness book of world record. Almost 100 camels are prepared for the camel show every year. Take advantage of this fascinating sight this year.
Very oblivious Tableaus, which defines “unity in diversity”. You will be witnessing the different Jhankis of different states in this segment. Showcasing the scene of our strong culture, security, weapons, and other delights is a visual treat for your eyes. Take your children and let them learn about the diversity of our country.
Air-show displays all the wings of our Indian forces working day and night to ensure the security and peace of our country. This will again fill you up with pride. But what asks you to hold your heart is the air show displayed by our mighty Indian air force. Join this festival and prepare to fill your weekend with pride, honour, and spirit.
Parade at Kartavya Path
Pre-Independent, known as King’s way, post-Independent named Rajpath, and now called Kartavya Path, infuses a feeling of patriotism and nationality in blood. On the Republic day ceremony, the sound of the boots of the armed soldiers doing a march past well-practised bands vibrates directly in our hearts and fills them with pride and thrill. Experiencing it is the top feeling. The call of duty and their passion for sacrificing their life would ask you to salute them once.
The national Festival of Republic day ceremony starts by unfurling our tricolour flag, followed by a speech and parade. The President of the country unfurls the flag on occasion. Remember, there is a difference between flag hoisting and unfurling. On independence day, the flag hosts, but on Republic day, the flag gets flared.
Stunts by Saviors of Our Country
You will hold your breath for a moment when the BSF adventures show their command of the earth and gravity forces and go beyond your imagination, stunting on their motorbikes. This is something worth watching there at the national fest.
Things to Keep in Mind To Attain Republic Day Ceremony in Delhi
- You will have to walk a long distance from the parking area to the audience area in Delhi to attend the ceremony, so keep your trolley lightweight.
- Don’t take electronic gadgets with you at the ceremony, as they are not allowed.
- Avoid any eatables, drinks or water bottles, as they are strictly prohibited. So, hydrate yourself with water and have a heavy breakfast before heading to function.
- If travelling in a group, fix a meeting point in case you all get separated.
- Check your ticket passes and keep them with your government identification card.
- Don’t take patients or infants to the ceremony as it is a loud ceremony with the great sound of bands, armed forces March past, and helicopters roaring at the event.
- You will be part of the national crowd, so enjoy every performance.
- Ensure ticket booking. For reserved seats close to the stage, you need to spend Rs.500 per head. If you are going to opt for unreserved back seats, you will have to pay Rs.100 to Rs.120 per head to be part of this Hon’ble ceremony.
- Tickets are available at departmental sales counters at different locations. You can avail tickets easily from these well-known places such as Parliament House reception office, Red Fort opposite Jain temple, Jantar Mantar, or Pragati Maidan gate number 1.
- Please keep a valid I’d card to purchase your ticket. Only one ticket can be bought per I’d card for the reserved seat.
Moreover, plan your republic day trip schedule ahead and pack your bags to move to Delhi. To enjoy your journey and make it healthier and tasty, order food in train from RailMitra and enjoy the weekend in a festive mood. Remember to have Jalebis, India’s national sweet, on this auspicious day.
How Can I Plan a Trip to Delhi on Republic Day?
Delhi is the National Capital of India. Trains run here from all corners of the country. So, it doesn’t matter where you belong. There are always thousands of trains running to New Delhi each day. RailMitra provides accurate and real-time information regarding train running status, train Schedule, live status of your train, PNR status and other detailed information regarding trains. Moreover, to travel in Delhi, you can get the metro.
Why Do We Celebrate Republic Day?
Republic Day marks the enactment of the Indian Constitution that provides power to Indian citizens to choose their government democratically. On this day, there is a national holiday in the country. People across the country commemorate Republic day with a lot of enthusiasm. By taking a train trip, you can witness the zeal of Delhi on gantantra diwas.
RailMitra wishes you a happy and delightful journey to Delhi and a very Happy Republic Day.