Netravati Express – An Overview
Netravati Express is an express train of Indian Railways that runs daily between Mumbai in Maharashtra to Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. The Netravati Express train runs as 16345 from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus to Thiruvananthapuram Central and during its return journey, it runs as 16346.
Classes: 2A, 3A, SL, GN
Service Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Distance: 1498 km
Duration: 30 hours 45 mins
Average Speed: 49 km/hr
Rake Zone: SR/Southern
E-Catering: Yes by RailMitra
History of Netravati Express
When this train was first started, it used to run between Mumbai and Mangalore/Kochi as a link train via the inland Pune, Gulbarga, Dharmavaram, Krishnarajapuram, Palakkad route parting at Shornur Junction. It was then known as Bombay Kurla (LTT) – Mangalore/Cochin Netravati (Cochin – Kurla) Express.
When the work of Konkan Railways was completed in 1998, its route was changed and the total travel time was reduced to just 16 hours compared to the previous 48 hours. Since 10 February 2001, Netravati Express’s route has been extended to Thiruvananthapuram (capital of Kerala).
Netravati Express Train Route and Schedule
Netravati Express train number 16345 is a daily train running between Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram. The total distance between these cities is around 1500 km. Netravati express leaves Lokmanya Tilak Terminus at 11:40 on day 1 and reaches Thiruvananthapuram Central at 18:25 the next day. The train takes 30 hours and 45 minutes to reach from its source to the destination.
The Netravati Express 16345 route has some important stations including Ratnagiri, Madgaon Junction, Manguluru Junction, Kozhikode Main, Kannur, Shoranur Junction, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Ernakulam Junction, and Thiruvananthapuram Central on its journey. The complete Netravati Express route map can be understood from the picture below:
16345 Netravati Express Train Time Table
16346 Netravati Express Train Time Table
Netravati Express Fare Structure
Regular Ticket (12 and above)
Child Ticket (5 – 11)
Sr. Citizen Female (58 and above)
Sr. Citizen Male (60 and above)
Interesting Facts About Netravati Express
- Do you know the reason why this train is called Netravati Express? Since Mangaluru which was the terminating point of this train at that time is located on the bank of the Netravati river, this train got its name.
- Netravati Express was the first train that offered scheduled service on the Konkan rail network.
- This train is hauled by WDM-3D of Erode shed from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus to Mangaluru Junction. After that, it is hauled by Erode based WAP-7 for its remaining journey.
- Initially, Netravati express had ICF coaches but recently its coaches have been replaced with the latest and safest LHB coaches.
- Netravati Express has a total of 23 coaches including 1 AC II Tier Coach, 5 AC III Tier Coaches, 12 Sleeper III Tier Coaches, 1 Pantry Car, 2 General Coaches, and 2 SLR Seating cum Luggage Rake.
Food Options in 16345/16346 Netravati Express
Although there is a pantry car attached to Netravati Express, it is not advisable to eat pantry car foods. Enjoy a scrumptious assortment of Veg Thali, Non-Veg Thali, Jain Food, Chinese and local delicacies during your journey on Netravati Express. Passengers can avail offood delivery in trains to get fresh restaurant-style food directly at their seat. You can order food on a train journey using any one of these:
- RailRestro app or website
- RailMitra train food app or website
- IRCTC e-catering website or Food on Track app
Netravati Express Seat Availability
If you are looking for Netravati Express seat availability and ticket booking options, then you can use RailMitra’s seat availabilityfeature. It tells you the exact number of available and booked seats in different travelling classes of Netravati Express.
If you booked a ticket in Netravati Express but got a waitlisted ticket, then don’t worry. Use RailMitra’sPNR status feature which will not only tell you about the current waiting status of your ticket but also predict the chances of confirmation of your ticket. Now that you know the Netravati Express 16345 PNR Status, you can relax and enjoy your journey.
16345/16346 Netravati Express Running Status
Passengers travelling from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala must check Netravati Expressrunning status. It will help you plan your journey in a better way and also avoid any unnecessary rush. The live running status of Netravati Express will help you track the exact location of the train and ensure that you don’t miss the train.
Apart from that, if you are already travelling in Netravati Express and want to know the exact location of the train, you can do so by using Netravati Express 16345 running status.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the train schedule of 16345 Netravati Express?
Netravati Express departs from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus at 11:40 on day 1 and reaches Thiruvananthapuram Central at 18:25 the next day.
- How to spot your train – Netravati Express?
If you are looking for the live running status of a train, then you can use RailMitra’s ‘spot your train’ feature to check live status of Netravati Express.
- How to check 16345 train live map?
You can check the live running status along with the Netravati Express live map using RailMitra’s ‘live status’ feature.
- What is the time taken by Netravati Express to reach from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus to Thiruvananthapuram Central?
16345 Netravati Express takes 30 Hours 45 Minutes approx to reach from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus to Thiruvananthapuram Central.
- Why is Netravati Express late today?
Since Netravati Express is a long-distance train, it gets delayed sometimes. There may be different reasons why Netravati Express is late like bad weather conditions, track maintenance work, and accident mishaps en route.