Rail Drishti is a portal to bring information from multiple sources under a single window to digitally view, analyse, and monitor the key parameters of Indian Railways. Railways have gone transparent with the new Rail Drishti Dashboard! PNR enquiry, express or mail trains’ status, or any real-time data about Indian Railways is now available at the one-click on a new Rail Drishti portal raildrishti.cris.org.in.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the Rail Drishti Dashboard portal. People will be easily able to access the information related to Indian Railways, get details of freight trains and passengers trains, and time table of trains, view live feeds of different railway kitchens in India among other facilities, through the Rail Drishti Dashboard. Moreover, information on unreserved ticketing, passenger reservation, freight earnings and many more, can also be accessed via the Rail Drishti website, created by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
Features of Rail Drishti
Ministry of Railways has launched the Rail Drishti Dashboard to promote transparency and accountability for passengers and users.
- It brings information from multiple sources on a single platform and gives access to key parameters and statistics to every country’s citizen.
- Rail Drishti website can be accessed using a laptop, desktop, smartphone and tab. The app is mobile optimised for ease of use of passengers.
- Information on Rail Drishti App has been categorised into 15 user-friendly sections.
How to Access The Rail Drishti App
Rail Drishti dashboard can be accessed via laptop, desktop, mobile phones or tablets at raildrishti.cris.org.in.
Rail Drishti Services
Railway’s motive is that our country’s peoples get to know the Indian Railways closely via RailDrishti and can also see the changes and progress taking place in Railways. To take this participatory process forward, Railways welcome ideas from the citizens for shaping the future transformation of Railways.
The available details have been categorised under 15 user-friendly sections that every Indian Railways passenger should know about the Rail Drishti Dashboard:
- At a Glance – Gives access to 4 main parameters of Indian Railways. This tab includes Unreserved Ticketing, Passenger Reservation, Freight Loading and Freight Earnings. Also, the user can see information regarding any railway station on the network.
- Services – Users can view and avail the status of any digital services provided by the Indian railways in the ‘Services’ tab. Such digital services are PNR enquiry, shramik enquiry, complaint enquiry, ODC application enquiry, tender enquiry and freight-related enquiries. Also, for citizen’s convenience links to eight important railways’ websites are provided under this tab.
- Trains on Run – Passengers and users can now track any train across the Indian Railways network in the ‘Train on Run’ tab. Users can also obtain information about the train as well as the contact number of the housekeeping staff. Filters are also available to view the status of specific trains.
- IRCTC Kitchens – Passengers can see whether the food served to them made in the IRCTC kitchens is hygienic or not. The dashboard provides a facility to watch the live feed from the CCTV cameras installed in the various IRCTC base kitchens. Passengers can view the cooking process of the food and its packaging as well, all in real-time. Passengers can also choose from a variety of restaurant food in trains and get fresh and delicious meals delivered at your train seat.
- Grievances – This section shows the status of complaints reported through the Complaint Management System (COMS). The tab shows the status of grievances resolved and still pending. Passengers can see division wise and zone wise breakup and even complaint type-wise breakup via the dashboard.
- Achievements – Users can also view achievements of Indian Railways in the Rail Drishti Dashboard including electrification of rail lines, redevelopment of railway stations, cleanliness on railway tracks, signalling, catering etc. State-wise information on this is also available.
- Station Images – This section monitors the progress of some of the major programs launched by the railways to enhance the passenger experience on the Indian Railways network. It shows the images of various areas throughout the rail network before and after the tasks have been completed.
- Heritage – The section shows the cultural side of travel on Indian Railways. These are the main sections come under this tab, namely, memorable journeys, saloons, rail heritage, trains, 360-degree virtual tours of routes, and the IRCTC tourism desk which offers important details and tourist services.
- Shramik Kalyan – This tab offers detail about the unorganised sector working with contractors of the railway. The amount of wages distributed to the labourers is available on the raildrishti dashboard. The same can be view department wise and zone wise for different periods. This is an attempt to confirm that the workers in the unorganised sector are paid their dues.
- Bills – Bills required to be paid by Railways to suppliers and their duration wise pendency can be viewed on the rail Drishti dashboard.
- Freight Earnings – The Rail Drishti Dashboard also provides details on freight earnings based on zone wise and commodity-wise. Users can also see revenue for a day, a week, a month and a year. Work Performance of nine major freight commodities has been made available.
- Freight Loading/Unloading – This section shows the number of rakes and quantity of freight loaded and unloaded in a day, a week, a month and in a year along with their commodity and zones wise breakup is provided. Users can also see the performance of nine main freight commodities.
- Passenger Earnings – This section shows information regarding Passenger Reservations and Unreserved Ticketing. Also, the number of passengers, tickets booking and revenues are shown. Further, in the Unreserved Ticketing tab, you can view the performance of mobile bookings, suburban, and non-suburban.
- Expenditure – Passengers can view the details of the expenses and works undertaken by the Indian Railways here. Figures of four different periods are shown – performance of the day, a week, a month, and a year.
- Sugam-The Freight App – This tab gives access to Indian Railways freight business information. It helps users keep track of their consignment. It provides information on different terminals, indents status, associated nodal officers, rake allocation plans, prevailing freight rates, restrictions applicable and many more. Information about Freight performance and other statistics are also available on the tab.
Mr Piyush Goyal said ‘eDrishti’ was aimed at making the Indian Railways more transparent and asked people for suggestions to improve its services.