Rajendra Nagar Terminal-New Jalpaiguri Capital Express is an express train belonging to East Central Railway Zone. It is currently being operated with train number 13246. The train runs four days in a week. It originates from Rajendra Nagar and covers the distance of 490 km to reach its destination New Jalpaiguri. Rajendra Nagar is located in Patna, the capital of Bihar while Jalpaiguri is situated the city of West Bengal. Here’re some details related to Capital Express (13246) and its timings, route and fare details.
Capital Express: Overview
- Train Name: Capital Express
- Train Number: 13246
- Train Frequency: Express
- Start: Rajendra Nagar Terminal (RJPB)
- End: New Jalpaiguri (NJP)
- Current Operators: East Central Railway
- Distance Traveled: 490 km
- Journey Time: 12 hours 40 minutes. One can also check seat availability in Capital Express and plan their journey in advance.
- Service Frequency: 3 days a week
- Coaches: AC 2, AC 3, Sleeper
- Pantry Car: Not Available
Average Fare of Train in General Quota:
- AC 2: INR 1,085
- AC 3: INR 755
- Sleeper: INR 280
Average Fare of Train in Tatqal Quota:
- AC 2: INR 1,505
- AC 3: INR 1,070
- Sleeper: INR 380
E-catering Facilities in Capital Express
Capital Express doesn’t offer pantry services. But, passengers needn’t worry for ordering food in train during journey. Railmitra, one of the authorized food partners of IRCTC offers you to book food online in train. Now, travelers can easily get the food delivered right to their berth.
Steps to Order Food via RailMitra
- Download Railmitra app for food ordering via Google Play or App Store.
- Enter the PNR number allotted to every passenger, mentioned on the left corner of the ticket. It will list you with the stations.
- Select the station where you want to get your food delivered.
- Browse the menu and choose the food that matches your taste.
- Add the selected food in cart and see the total amount of ordered food.
- Make your payment via online or offline mode. To pay online use Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. Passengers can also use digital wallets like Paytm, FreeCharge, and PayUMoney. Cash on Delivery payment method is also in list to make payment. It is suggested to opt for cash on delivery when train is crossing through the low network zone.
- Order food before 60 minutes of arrival of train to station.
- Place order between 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Passengers traveling in a group can order food in bulk via Railmitra. RailMitra, an e-catering service provider offers the service to order food for group in train. Call us at 8102888222 and avail 20% discount to save on your group meal. RailMitra has a dedicated team of digital food advisors to assist passenger’s queries regarding food order.
RailMitra application has unique features. This responsive application offers you variety of services like checking PNR status online, train running status, live stations features and also offers to book hotels on hourly basis.
Major Halting Junction of Capital Express:
During the course of journey train crosses total 34 stations and it halts at some of the major stations like Patna junction, Baurauni Junction, Khagaria Junction, Barsoi Junction Kishan Ganj, and “New Jalpaiguri” Junction.
Barauni Junction is one of the major railway stations of East Central Railway located in the district of Begusarai, Bihar. The major services available at this station are waiting rooms, computerized reservation counters, and vehicle parking. These vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. Baurauni Junction also has the facility of telephone booth, refreshment stalls, stall, dairy stall (selling local dairy products) and food joints. The Junction is well-connected to India’s main cities of New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai. Passengers halting at this station can book food in train at Barauni Junction by using RailMitra’s food ordering app.
Khagaria Junction is one of the busiest railway stations on the Baurani-Katihar section. It is located in Khagaria block in Khagaria district. It is a part of Munger division. The station premises offer all the basic amenities to comfort the passengers. Capital Express arrives to the station at 3:38 and halts here for five minutes. After these five minutes of break train departs at 3:43 and headed towards its next destination.
Katihar Junction railway station is one of the main railway stations of the Indian State of Bihar. It is connected to most of the major cities in India. There are total 8 functional platforms which are interconnected and have multiple over bridges. The importance of this junction grew because of the Jute mill in the region. Katihar is well-connected to other parts of India by important mode of transportation like air, road and rail. There are numerous places to visit near Katihar Junction Railway Station. Some of the important places are:
- Kali Mandir
- Ramakrishna Mission Ashram
- Durga Mata Temple
- Goga Lake
It is the destination point where the train ends its journey. Passengers deboard the train and headed towards Darjeeling and Gangtok.
How to Reach Darjeeling from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
Located at the foothills of the Himalayas, Darjeeling is a backpacker’s delight and honeymooner’s dream destination. It is entitled as “Queen of Hills”. To reach this one of the alluring heavens of India, people can take taxi, bus services or toy train from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station. Darjeeling is situated at the distance of 88 km from New Jalpaiguri Junction. Toy train is the best way to admire the hilly beauties of Darjeeling. It offers you to appreciate the majestic Himalayan region as it passes through the highest altitude railway station in Asia known as Ghum. The toy train covers the scenic route offering breathtaking views of mountains and valleys. It takes almost 10 hours to reach Darjeeling.
Things to Enjoy in Darjeeling
- Darjeeling welcomes you to view the spectacular sun rise from Tiger Hills.
- For unmatched views of Darjeeling, Darjeeling ropeway offers you to admire the incredible beauty of this majestic land.
- Your tour to Darjeeling is incomplete, if you have not visited the tea garden and tea factory. Take a visit to venerate the specialty of Darjeeling.
Places to visit in Darjeeling
Apart from appreciating the scenic loveliness of Darjeeling, it has more to offer you. There are innumerable places to visit here like;
- Ghum Monastery
- Japanese peace Pagoda
- Mahakal Temple
- Darjeeling Mall
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
Cuisines to Taste
Being one of the fascinating tourists’ spots in India, it invites you to taste its delicacies like Thupka, Dalle, and Momos.
How to Reach Gangtok from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
To reach Gangtok from New Jalpaiguri railway station, one can opt for a shared taxi. It takes 3-4 hours to reach Gangtok. The taxi fare is around INR 200-INR 250. Taxi drivers might charge high, so double check with other taxi drivers.
Places to visit in Gangtok
- MG Road
- Rumtek Monastry
- Ganesh Tok
- Nathula Pass
Travelers can also taste the local cuisines of Gangtok like Thupka, Momos and Gundruk. Capital Express is one of the most preferred trains to reach Darjeeling and Gangtok. Passengers board the train at Rajendra Nagar Terminal in Patna and deboard the train at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station. When they reach New Jalpaiguri, there are many options available to reach Darjeeling and Gangtok like Cabs,Taxi, or state owned buses.