The floods in Bihar have also affected the rail network. Due to the sinking of the railway track, there have been changes in the routes of trains running from Delhi to Bihar. Many routes of trains have been affected due to flood in Bihar.
Rail News: After the incessant rainfall in Bihar and Nepal, all the rivers of the state are flowing above the danger mark. Floods continue to wreak havoc in many districts of the Bihar. So far, ten regions of the state have been affected by the flood.
After the floodwaters reached near a rail bridge between flood-affected Samastipur and Darbhanga, rail operations on this route have been stopped, and many trains’ operations have been affected due to the flood in Bihar.
The movement of trains on the Samastipur-Darbhanga route has stopped. The water of the Kosi River has come to the bridge number 16 located near Hayaghat station of Samastipur railway division.
Trains Affected Due to Flood in Bihar
Railway administration has decided to run some trains after short termination. In this regard:
• Train number 04674 Amritsar – Jaynagar special train will be terminated at Samastipur.
• Train number 04673 Jaynagar – Amritsar Special train will depart from Samastipur to Amritsar instead of Jaynagar on 25 July.
• Train number 01061 Lokmanya Tilak Terminal – Darbhanga Pawan Express will be suspended at Samastipur.
• Train number 01062 Darbhanga-Lokmanya Tilak Terminal Pawan Express will depart from Samastipur to Lokmanya Tilak Terminal on 25 July.
Also, check the Train Schedule with RailMitra by entering the train name or train number.
Route Diversion of These Trains Due to Pressure of Water at Rail Bridge
With the pressure of water increasing at Rail Bridge in Hayaghat, the trains running on Darbhanga –Sitamarhi – Muzaffarpur route have been diverted, which include:
• Train number 02565 Bihar Sampark Kranti from Darbhanga to New Delhi
• Train number 04673/04649 Jaynagar to Amritsar Shaheed/Saryu Yamuna Express
• 04673/74 Shaheed Express will operate from Samastipur Station
These three trains have been diverted and are being run from Darbhanga via Sitamarhi -Muzaffarpur. These trains will not pass through Samastipur until further orders. Railways have said that passengers who want to cancel their journey can get a ticket refund.
Trains Affected Due to Flood on the Muzaffarpur Sugauli Railway Line
Floods in north Bihar have started to wreak havoc. On Saturday, operations on the Muzaffarpur Sugauli railway line came to a standstill due to floodwaters on the railway track. Half a dozen trains will be diverted:
• Muzaffarpur – Delhi Sapta Kranti Express has been diverted via Muzaffarpur – Hajipur – Chhapra – Siwan – Gorakhpur instead of Muzaffarpur – Sugauli – Narkatiaganj – Gorakhpur.
• The Delhi – Raxaul Satyagraha Express is being run via Narkatiaganj – Sugauli – Raxaul instead of Narkatiaganj – Sikta – Raxaul.
• The Bandra Terminus – Muzaffarpur Express is diverted via Gorakhpur – Chhapra –Hajipur – Muzaffarpur instead of Gorakhpur – Narkatiaganj – Sugauli – Muzaffarpur.
• The Muzaffarpur – Bandra Terminus Express has been diverted via Muzaffarpur –Hajipur – Chhapra – Gorakhpur instead of Muzaffarpur – Sugauli – Narkatiaganj – Gorakhpur.
Stay updated to the latest Indian Railways News with RailMitra!