In the latest update, Indian Railways to operate trains with regular numbers. IRCTC has withdrawn the “Special Train” tag from the 32 trains operating in its North Western Zone. In addition to this, the Railway Board has also decided to slash ticket fares of trains. The new ticket price will be reverted to pre-pandemic fare.
Earlier, the Indian Railways has stopped operating all passenger trains in March 2020 after the announcement of complete lockdown. However, the Railway resumed operating passenger trains after both Central and State governments gave the travel relaxation.
Notably, IRCTC was charging 30% extra from passengers for traveling on the special trains during the Pandemic period. With revised fares, passengers can now save up to 30% extra on their tickets. Therefore, it is good time for those who have plans to travel by train.
According to news sources, the change in the train numbers shall be implemented in a few days.
Here is the list of trains whose fare has been slashed:
- Train number 02990/02989, Ajmer-Dadar-Ajmer Superfast tri-weekly special
- Train number 09708/09707 Sri Ganganagar-Bandra Terminus-Sriganganagar Pratinidhi
- Train number 02489/02490, Bikaner-Dadar-Bikaner bi-weekly Superfast special
- Train number 02940/02939, Jaipur-Pune-Jaipur bi-weekly Superfast special
- Train number 04817/04818, Bhagat Ki Kothi – Bandra Terminus – Bhagat Ki Kothi bi-weekly special
- Train number 09601/09602, Udaipur City-New Jalpaiguri-Udaipur City weekly
- Train number 04854/044853, Jodhpur-Varanasi-Jodhpur tri-weekly special
- Train number 04864/04863 Jodhpur-Varanasi-Jodhpur tri-weekly special
- Train number 04866/04865, Jodhpur-Varanasi-Jodhpur weekly special Train
- Train number 02495/02496, Bikaner-Kolkata-Bikaner weekly Superfast special
- Train number 09717/09718, Jaipur-Daulatpur Chowk-Jaipur Pratinidhi special
- Train number 02458/02457, Bikaner-Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Bikaner Pratinidhi Superfast special
- Train number 04731/04732, Delhi-Bathinda-Delhi Pratinidhi special
- Train number 02471/02472, Shriganganagar-Delhi-Sriganganagar Pratinidhi Superfast special
- Train number 04888/04887, Barmer – Rishikesh – Barmer Pratinidhi special
- Train number 09611/09612, Ajmer-Amritsar-Ajmer weekly special
- Train number 09613/09614, Ajmer-Amritsar-Ajmer weekly special
- Train number 02988/02987, Ajmer-Sealdah – Ajmer Pratinidhi special
- Train to number 06053/06054, Madurai-Bikaner-Madurai weekly festival special
- Train number 06067/06068, Chennai Egmore-Jodhpur-Chennai Egmore weekly festival special
- Train number 02422/02421, Jammu Tawi-Ajmer-Jammutvi Pratinidhi special
- Train number 06507/06508, Jodhpur-Bangalore-Jodhpur weekly festival special
- Train number 06209/06210, Ajmer-Mysore-Ajmer weekly festival special
- Train number 02396/02395, Ajmer-Rajendranagar-Ajmer weekly festival special
- Train number 02719/02720, Jaipur-Hyderabad-Jaipur weekly festival special
- Train number 02323/02324, Howrah-Barmer-Howrah weekly festival special
- Train number 06206/06205, Ajmer-Bangalore-Ajmer weekly festival special
- Train number 06533/06534, Jodhpur-Bangalore-Jodhpur weekly festival special
- Train number 07623/07624, Nanded-Sriganganagar-Nanded weekly festival special
- Train number 02473/02474, Bikaner-Bandra Terminus-Bikaner weekly special
- Train to number 04712/04711, Sriganganagar-Haridwar-Sriganganagar Pratinidhi special
- Train number 02929/02930, Bandra Terminus – Jaisalmer – Bandra Terminus weekly festival special
You can use RailMitra’s seat availability and fare enquiry app to know the current status of available seats and fares. Besides that, you can also spot your train and get its schedule online.
IRCTC is gradually updating all train numbers in its NTES and PRS system. Meanwhile, the Indian Railway has decided to shut down Passenger Reservation System for six hours during the lean business days.
According to IRCTC sources, the up-gradation of train number and fare data started at 11.30 PM to 05:30 AM. This up-gradation is going on from the night of 14 and 15 November to the night of 20 and 21 November. During this period, ticket reservation, booking, cancellation, enquiry services are not available.
There is a huge data of train numbers and fare that has to be fed in the system. This move will enable the up-gradation of new train numbers in the system. Hence, Indian Railways carefully plans and calibrates steps during the night hours to minimize any impact on ticketing services.
RailMitra will keep you updated with the change in IRCTC train numbers and ticket fares. So, keep visiting us for the latest Rail News.