Vijayawada station (BZA) is an Indian Railway junction in Andhra Pradesh. It is busiest and most important station of Indian railways. Vijayawada is located at a tri-junction that connects Chennai New Delhi North-South route and Chennai-Howrah East-Coast route. In addition, rail routes leading towards Machlipatnam/Narsapur and Guntur/Guntakal also connect to the Vijayawada junction.
Vijayawada is a non-suburban grade-2 station. Each week more than 200 long-distance operate from this station. In terms of traffic, it is the fourth busiest railway station after Howrah, Kanpur, and New Delhi junction. Read on to learn more about the Vijayawada station train time table, facilities, and food options available at the station.
Vijayawada Railway Station
Constructed in 1988, today, Vijayawada Junction serves about 1.40 lakh passengers, 170 freight trains, and more than 190 express trains. This station has many satellite stations to help reduce congestion on the main station. Also, it is the first station with 130 kW solar panels that supply 18% of the total power consumption of the Vijayawada station.
Following satellite terminals help decongest the traffic to ease pressure on this station:
- Gannavaram (station code – GWM)
- Gunadala (station code – GALA)
- Krishna Canal Junction (station code – KCC)
- Kondapalli (station code – KI)
- Madhura Nagar (station code – MDUN)
- Nidamanuru (station code – NDM)
- Ramavarappadu (station code – RMV)
- Rayanapadu (station code – RYP)
Vijayawada junction has 10 platforms and Railways operates 250+ trains every day, each halting for at least 10-20 minutes at the station.
Train Time Table Enquiry at Vijayawada Junction
Passengers can check the train time table of Vijayawada station on RailMitra, which is the best IRCTC train enquiry website. Here is the list of most popular trains
Vijayawada to Nagpur Trains
These trains run via Vijayawada to Nagpur. You can also check trains running on important routes such as Vijayawada to Varanasi Trains on RailMitra, or if you wish to get the train time table between any two stations.
Facilities at Vijayawada Station
The Vijayawada station has many facilities, including a water purifier, Wifi, and retiring rooms. Here is the list of amenities provided at the station:
- Cloak/Locker Room
- Executive Lounge
- Separate Waiting Room for Female Passenger
In addition, the station is equipped with amenities for disabled people (Divyangjan).
- Non-slippery walk-way
- Brail Signages
- Toilets on the Ground Floor
- Easy Entry and Exit at the station
- Wheel Chair facility
Popular Trains Originating from Vijayawada Station
There are many famous trains originating from the Vijayawada Station. These trains run between major stations in Southern and Western India. Here is the list of some popular trains originating from this station:
- Train No. 12713 Satavahana Express(also known as Swethavahana Express)
- Train No. 12717 Ratnachal Express
- Train No. 12711 Pinakini Express
- Train No. 12796 Vijayawada–Lingampalli Intercity-Express
- Gudur–Vijayawada Intercity SF Express,
- Train No. 17225 Amaravati Express
- Train No. 17215 Vijayawada–Dharmavaram Express
- Train No. 22701 Visakhapatnam–Vijayawada Uday Express
- Sainagar Shirdi–Vijayawada Express
These are the most preferred trains. Passengers often book their tickets in advance, so make sure to purchase your ticket earlier in order to avoid seat unavailability issues.
Nearby Tourist Places from Vijayawada Station
There are many tourist places near Vijayawada Station. When visiting Vijayawada, discover the age-old temples, rock-cut caves, gopurams, forts, and natural land escapades. Here is the list that includes some of the best cites to visit in Vijayawada:
- Undavalli Caves
- Prakasam Barrage
- Bhavani Island
- Mogalarajapuram Caves
- Victoria Jubilee Museum or Bapu Museum
- Kondapalli Fort
- Kanaka Durga Temple
- Hinkar Thirtha Jain Temple
These places and cites in Vijayawada boast a treasure trove of the region’s history, culture, and heritage.
What foods are famous in Vijayawada?
Pulihora, Mirchi Bhajji, Rava Dosa, and Paan, locally known as Killi, are famous in Vijayawada. In addition, the other traditional dishes like Boorelu, Idli, Tikkas, and Kebab are also popular local cuisines. Read on to learn more about the food delivery options at this station.
Food Delivery at Vijayawada Station
A wide range of food options is available at Vijayawada Station. Here you can use a user-friendly food delivery in train app to book your meal on the train. Follow the steps below to order varieties of meals, including veg, non-veg, and South Indian cuisines.
- Visit the RailMitra website or install its App on your mobile
- Enter the 10 digit PNR number to book your meal
- Next, you will see the station names where you can get the food delivery, click on it
- A list of restaurants with their menu will be displayed
- Choose the cuisines you want to eat and proceed to the payment options
- For payment, you can either choose online mode or COD for your order
- After successful payment, your order for food will be taken
You will receive confirmation of your food order via email and SMS. Make sure to order your food at least 2 hours in advance of its delivery time.
What is the Station Code of Vijayawada Station?
The station code of the Vijayawada station is BZA.
How many platforms does Vijayawada Railway Station have?
There are 10 platforms at Vijayawada Station. It is categorized as a Non-Suburban Grade-2 (NSG-2) station. The seventh platform of the station is the largest of all.
How can I reach the Vijayawada railway station from Vijayawada Airport?
You can reach Vijayawada junction station in Vinchipeta to Vijayawada International Airport in Gannavaram via NH 16. Assuming normal traffic conditions, it takes around 40 minutes to travel between the two. However, if you use the Benz Cir Flyover, the distance is increased to 22 km, which takes approx. 55 minutes to reach by cab.
Next to Mumbai Central, Vijayawada is the second busiest railway station. Also, it is one of the ten model stations in the Division. In 1969, the Golconda Express train was introduced between Vijayawada and Secunderabad. This steam-hauled train was the fastest running train in the country, with an average speed of 58Km per hour. The station has five entrance gates.
Do you want to learn and know more about the Indian Railway Stations? Visit RailMitra to get the station detail of more than 7,325 Indian Railways stations. Keep visitning for all the updates on this railway station.