Navratri is undoubtedly one of the most auspicious and significant festivals of Hindu religion celebrated in India. It signifies the victory of good over evil. Whether it’s the story of Maa Durga’s victory over the evil Mahishasur, or Maryada Purushotam Ram who killed Ravana, there’s always a war between good and evil. Maa Durga’s story is best example for women empowerment. The word “Navaratri” is the Sanskrit form of nine nights. It is believed that Maa Durga come to take shelter in the homes of her loving devotees. During these nine days, devotees seek blessings and pray the nine form of Maa Durga. The festival has special beliefs related to food. Devotees keep fast and avoid Tamsic food items like, non-vegetarian diet, garlic and onion.
With a step towards ritualism, Indian Railways also offers Navratri special food in train for the devotees to make their journey healthier. It can be difficult to decide on what to consume during your fasting. There’re limited ingredients which can be used to prepare food for Navratras. If you’ve a plan to travel during navratri for any reasons, here’re some of the food items which are made available to the travelers through e-catering services in which the passengers’ can order food online in train via RailMitra app and get it delivered on their berth within 60 minutes of arrival of the train. This Navratri, avoid the unhygienic pantry food of train and indulge yourself in the taste of special navratri specific dishes.
Recommended Read: How to Order Pure Veg Food in train via RailMitra App
Here’re few interesting food items mentioned below which anyone can consume during this festive season. Irrespective of the fact whether you’re on a fast or not; any passenger can order these 10 saatvik food items to enjoy their journey.
- Pumpkin Cutlets: Pumpkin is one of the most common vegetable used during fasting. Pumpkin cutlets can add a twist in the taste of pumpkin during Navratri. Make your Navratri special by adding this food item in your meal.
- Kuttu Dosa with Mint Chutney: Kuttu Dosa contains lesser calories than deep fry Kuttu puri. You can also add it for losing weight. Try crispy healthy Kuttu Dosa at your berth with moving scenery while travelling in train.
- Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup: You can also try this hot and yummy soup to fill your tummy on your berth while travelling in train. It can also help you to reduce fat from your body and gives you proper energy required to your body.
- Sabudana Kheer:The most common festive desert for devotees is Sabudana kheer. It makes your fasting classic and super easy to cook. You can also get it in trains. RailMitra is here to serve Navratri special food in train at your berth.
- Aloo ki KhadhiWhile fasting for Navaratri, this rock salty item make you feel special. Order Kuttu puri and Aloo Ki Khadhi from RailMitra and get your yummy food on your berth.
- Vrat ke Chawal ka Pulav:It is highly digestible and good source of dietary fibre with sufficient amount of nutrition. Order your favourite Pulav while travelling in train during Navratri.
- Kache Kele ki Barfi: An Awadhi dish, also known as Kache kele ki tikki is a perfect choice.
Sweet Potato Chaat By adding few drop of lemon, rock salt and black pepper with steamed sweet potato can make your breakfast piquant. Add a plate of sweet potato chaat in your breakfast to maintain your weight.
Get your best meal, desert, snacks or drinks from RailMitra and avail the discount offer. Use coupon code “RRM60” to get INR 60 discount on minimum pre-order of 400 INR.
Delhi Katra Vande Bharat Express: A Navratri treat for Travelers
Indian Railways has gifted the passengers with another Vande Bharat express which will ply from New Delhi to Katra junction. The bookings in the train was started from 29th of September and the train was flagged off by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah. The commercial operations of this train will commence from Saturday, October 5, 2019. Special features of the train are:
- It is scheduled to run on all the days of the week except for Tuesdays.
- This train will have three halts between New Delhi Railway Station and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station
- It will bring down the travel time to just 8 hours
- Ticket price of Executive chair car is Rs 3,015, and for the return journey of Katra to New Delhi is fixed at 1,570 for AC chair car whereas the Executive chair car is available for Rs 2,965.