Charminar Express – An Overview
Charminar Express is a superfast express train of Indian Railways that runs daily between Hyderabad in Telangana and Chennai in Tamil Nadu. The Charminar Express train runs as 12759 from Chennai Central to Hyderabad Deccan Nampally and during its return journey, it runs as 12760.
Classes: 1A, 2A, 3A, SL, GN
Service Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Distance: 780 km
Duration: 13 hours 20 min
Average Speed: 58 km/hr
Type: Superfast Express
Rake Zone: SR/Southern
E-Catering: Yes, by RailMitra
History of Charminar Express
Charminar Express is one of the most prestigious trains of Southern Railways. It connects two important south Indian metropolitan cities viz. Chennai and Hyderabad. Both these cities are well-developed and major business hub. Charminar Express is the first and foremost choice for all passengers who want to go from Chennai to Hyderabad or vice-versa.
Initially Charminar Express used to run on ICF coaches but recently all its coaches have been replaced with the latest and safest LHB coaches. It is a very old train and its operation started in the late 90s.
Charminar Express Train Route and Schedule
Charminar Express train number 12759 is a daily train running between Chennai and Hyderabad. The total distance between these cities is around 780 km. Charminar Express leaves MGR Chennai Central at 18:10 on day 1 and reaches Hyderabad Deccan Nampally station at 08:00 the next day. The train takes 13 hours and 5 minutes to reach from its source to the destination.
The Charminar Express 12759/12760 route has some important stations including Sullurupeta, Gudur Junction, Nellore, Ongole, Tenali Junction, Vijayawada Junction, Khammam, Dornakal Junction, Warangal, Kazipet Junction, Secunderabad, and Hyderabad on its journey. The complete Charminar Express route map can be understood from the picture below:
12759 Charminar Express Train Time Table
12760 Charminar Express Train Time Table
Charminar Express Fare Structure
Regular Ticket (12 and above)
Child Ticket (5 – 11)
Senior Citizen Female (58 and above)
Senior Citizen Male (60 and above)
Interesting Facts About Charminar Express
- Do you know the reason why this train is called Charminar Express? Charminar is a very famous monument that was built to commemorate the victory of Hyderabad on plague during the 15th century. To celebrate that thing, this train is called Charminar Express.
- Despite being a popular train in South India, Charminar Express does not have a pantry car attached to it. You can use e-catering service in trains from official catering partners of IRCTC like RailMitra.
- Charminar Express is one of the most profitable trains belonging to the Southern Railways. Each day, thousands of passengers travel by this train to communicate between Chennai and Hyderabad.
- It is ranked 4.1 out of 5 on various parameters such as cleanliness, punctuality, ticket availability, railfanning, safety, and food.
- Charminar Express is hauled by a Lallaguda based WAP 7 locomotive on its entire journey.
Food Options in 12759/12760 Charminar Express
Since there is no pantry car attached to Charminar Express because it is a relatively small distance train, you can use e-catering. Enjoy a scrumptious assortment of Veg Thali, Non-Veg Thali, Jain Food, Chinese and local delicacies during your journey on Charminar Express. Passengers can avail food delivery in trains to get fresh restaurant-style food directly at their seat. You can order food on a train journey using any one of these:
- RailMitra, train food appor website
- RailRestro app or website
- IRCTC e-catering website or Food on Track app
Charminar Express Seat Availability
If you are looking for Charminar Express seat availability and ticket booking options, then you can use RailMitra’s seat availability feature. It tells you the exact number of available and booked seats in different travelling classes of Charminar Express.
If you booked a ticket in Charminar Express but got a waitlisted ticket, then don’t worry. Use RailMitra’s PNR status feature which will not only tell you about the current waiting status of your ticket but also predict the chances of confirmation of your ticket. Now that you know the Charminar Express 12759 PNR Status, you can relax and enjoy your journey.
Passengers travelling from Chennai to Hyderabad must check Charminar Express running status. It will help you plan your journey in a better way and also avoid any unnecessary rush. The live running status of Charminar Express will help you track the exact location of the train and ensure that you don’t miss the train.
Apart from that, if you are already travelling in Charminar Express and want to know the exact location of the train, you can do so by using Charminar Express 12759 running status.
Frequently Asked Questions About Charminar Express
- What is the train schedule of 12759 Charminar Express?
Charminar Express departs from MGR Chennai Central at 18:10 on day 1 and reaches Hyderabad Deccan Nampally at 08:00 the next day.
- How to spot your train – Charminar Express?
If you are looking for the live running status of a train, then you can use RailMitra’s ‘spot your train’ feature to check the live status of Charminar Express.
- How to check the 12759 train live map?
You can check the live running status along with the Charminar Express live map using RailMitra’s live status feature.
- What is the time taken by Charminar Express to reach from Chennai Central to Hyderabad?
12759 Charminar Express takes 13 Hours 20 Minutes to reach from Chennai Central to Hyderabad.
- What is the coach position of Charminar Express?
You should learn about Charminar Express Coach Seat Map and Layout before your journey commences. The train consists of 22 coaches including 1 AC First Class, 3 AC Two Tier, 4 AC Three Tier, 10 Sleeper Classes, 2 General Unreserved classes, and 2 End On Generator Cars (EOG).
Watch the video to learn Charminar Express Train Details, Schedule & Interesting Facts!