Order Food in Train at Chennai Central Junction
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Food Delivery in Train at the Chennai Central Railway Station (MAS) Using RailMitra
Order food in train at the Chennai Central Railway Station with RailMitra to get fresh and tasty delicacies quickly delivered at your berth.
RailMitra provides food through RailRestro, which is an IRCTC–authorised e-catering partner at the Chennai Central Railway station.
With RailMitra, you have a wide variety of menu options to choose from - From Awadhi biryani to Chinese, Veg/Non-veg curries to smoky tandoori items, south Indian dosa to Gujarati dhokla, various thalis (Maharaja, deluxe, veg/non-veg thali), combo (Indian and Chinese).
RailMitra provides you quality and hygienic food delivery in train at the Chennai Central railway station right at your berth. You can order your food online or can also call an hour before your train reaches the station.
Use the coupon code RM10 while paying and get a 10 per cent discount on your meal order.
Why Should You Use RailMitra for Food on Trains at the Chennai Central Railway Station?
- IRCTC-Authorized Food Partner. RailMitra has partnered with RailRestro, which is an e-catering app and official partner of IRCTC to serve the best food in trains.
- Wide Range of Menu Options. RailMitra provides a wide range of cuisines from every corner of India to help you enjoy your favourite meal during your train journey.
- Group Food Order. With RailMitra, you also get the facility of placing a group food order if you are travelling with your family or friends.
- Coverage Across India. RailMitra has coverage across more than 450 stations where it delivers fresh and hygiene food on trains as of 2020 and is slated to grow to more stations in India soon.
- Jain Special Food: RailMitra also serves pure vegetarian Jain food on board during your journey.
- Check Your PNR Status. RailMitra app also has an option to check and predict the confirmation of PNR status of a train ticket by entering the 10-digit PNR number.
- Live Train Schedule. By checking the train schedule feature in the RailMitra app, you can get details of the arrival and departure time of trains, intermediate stations and their halt timings, days on which the train runs, as well as the train routes.
- Train Running Status. Track the current position of your train by checking the train running status on the RailMitra app.
4 Steps to Order Food Online at the Chennai Central Railway Station Using RailMitra
Follow these four steps, and get online food delivery in the train at Chennai Central Railway Station:
- Step 1: Log in to RailMitra or download RailMitra App. Visit RailMitra’s website www.railmitra.com or download RailMitra mobile app and on Google Play Store or Apple Store and log in.
- Step 2: Enter PNR or Train Name/Number & Select Boarding Station. Choose the option of Order Food in Train. Order via PNR by entering your 10-digit PNR number or order via Train No. by entering the Train Name or Number and selecting the boarding date. Next, select the boarding station.
- Step 3: Choose Your Favourite Food. View the details of the menu under the list of restaurants. Select the food from the menu and check the price. The selected food will be added to your cart.
- Step 4: Pay and Wait for the Food at Your Seat. Pay for your food bill using Cash on Delivery (COD) or any online payment mode through debit card or credit card or internet banking or PayUMoney or Paytm or free charge wallet. You will receive a confirmation message and will receive the food at your selected boarding station on your seat.
Group Food Order in Trains at the Chennai Central Railway Station
If you’re travelling in a group and want to order food in bulk for your group in a train at the Chennai Central Railway Station, then request a call back from RailMitra representative or chat for your order by calling 8102888222. Our representatives will assist you in ordering food in train at the Chennai Central railway station.
You can either choose to pay online at one of our secure payment gateways or opt for cash on delivery (COD).
Pure Veg Food in Train at the Chennai Central Railway Station
If you want pure veg food in trains, then don’t worry! RailMitra also serves pure veg food on trains. RailMitra has a wide variety of options of delicious pure veg food as well as different varieties of pure vegetarian Thali to choose from.
You can order using the RailMitra website or app and get online food delivery at Chennai Central Railway Station or call us on 8102888222.
Important Points to Know Before You Order Food on Trains at your Seat using RailMitra
- The minimum order amount for ordering food in the train using RailMitra is Rs. 100.
- Order your food at least an hour before reaching the boarding station where you want to get your food delivered.
- You can use the promo code RM10 to get a 10% discount on your food order.
- Use GROUP20 to get a 20% discount on your group food order.
Chennai Central Railway Station - A Brief Overview:
Chennai Central Railway Station, Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (MAS), is the most prominent and the 142-years-old station that serves the whole nation. The station has its own charm, as it has a blend of Gothic and Romanesque.
Around 269 passenger trains start, end, or pass through Chennai Central Railway Station. The station is facilitated with every necessary facility, which includes restaurants, bookshops, accommodation, waiting halls, seven touch-screen PNR status machine and internet browsing centre.
It is the first railway station in the country to have an ambulance which includes three emergency beds, on duty two doctors and a paramedic team.
The Chennai Central Railway Station, Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (MAS), is the most crowded one and providing food onboard is a challenging task right at your berth, but RailMitra is a significant player in this sector.
With Food delivery in the Chennai Central Railway Station, RailMitra guarantees you hygienic and fresh food in trains at your seat.
The Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (MAS) is also the largest name of a railway station in India.
Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, attracts many tourists. The city is one of the best cities of India and the fourth largest city of India. It is famous for being an IT and industrial hub.
The city is well-known for its architecture, temples, Jallikuttu, Rajinikanth or Thalaiva, Marina Beach, Bharatnatyam, and many more things. Some of the famous temples which attract lots of tourists from all across the country include Kapaleeshwara temple and Parthasarathy.
How to Reach the Chennai Central Railway Station?
The Chennai Central Railway Station, Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station (MAS), is one of the important stations which serve the city. The station has connectivity to almost every corner of India through several trains that run regularly.
Major Stations nearby the Chennai Central Railway Station
(MS) CHENNAI EGMORE Railway Station – 2.34 Km
(MBM) MAMBALAM Railway Station – 3.48 Km
(MAS) CHENNAI CENTRAL Railway Station – 3.78 Km
(PER) PERAMBUR Railway Station – 5.25 Km
(AVD) AVADI Railway Station – 17.25 Km
(TBM) TAMBARAM Railway Station – 20.65 Km
Some Popular Trains Crossing the Chennai Central Railway Station
09723 - Jaipur Madurai Premium
22688 – Chandigarh Madurai Settigunta Express
12688 - Dehradun Madurai Settigunnta Express
13351 – Dhanbad Alappuzha Express
18189 - Tatanagar Alleppey Express
15228 – Muzaffarpur Yesvantpur Express
22644 – Patna Eranakulam Express
22642- Shalimar Trivandrum Settigunta Express
Chennai International Airport serves as Chennai’s domestic airport. It is well-connected to almost every city of India. You can reach the Chennai Central Railway Station from Chennai International airport by taking a cab, taxi, auto, bus or metro from the airport. The shortest distance is around 5 Km, and it can take about 10 minutes to reach the station from the airport.
Chennai is well connected with National Highways which connects the city to the other key cities with roads. Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus (CMBT), (officially Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G.R. Bus Terminus), is the nearest bus stand from where buses are readily available from other various cities.
The CMBT bus stand is around 10 Km away from the Chennai Central railway station and can take approximately 36 minutes to reach the station. You can also take a cab, taxi, auto, bus, or metro from the bus stand to reach the Chennai Central railway station.
Rated 4.5 by verified customers who ordered food in Train from RailmitraRead all Reviews...
If you are looking for awesome experience in terms of food, Railmitra is one stop for you.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivered to me at Itarsi was served hot n fresh. This was the first time I tried ordering via online mode. I would suggest to include more options for vegetarian people.
Overall Rating: 4
Food Delivered by Railmitra was awesome in taste. I would highly recommend everyone to try this out sometime.