Goa Express – An Overview
Goa Express is a superfast express train of Indian Railways that runs daily between Vasco Da Gama in Goa and Hazrat Nizamuddin in New Delhi. The Goa Express train runs as 12780 from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Vasco Da Gama, and during its return journey, it runs as 12779.
Classes: 2A, 3A, SL, GN
Service Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Distance: 2202 km
Duration: 39 hours 25 min
Average Speed: 55 km/hr
Type: Superfast Express
Zone: SWR/South Western Railway
E-Catering: Yes, by RailMitra
History of Goa Express Train
Goa Express is a superfast train, and its operation started in 1987s. It is one of the high priority trains of the South Western Railways zone of the Hubli division. It connects two important cities, such as Hazrat Nizamuddin in Delhi and Vasco Da Gama in Goa. Both these cities are well-developed and a major tourist hub. Goa Express is the first and foremost choice for all passengers who want to go from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Vasco Da Gama or vice-versa.
Goa Express Route
Goa Express was launched long before Konkan Railways became operational. Thus the Goa Express train routes via, Margao, Londa, Miraj, Sangli, Belgaum, Satara, Pune, Manmad, Daund, Bhusawal, Khandwa, Jhansi, Itarsi, Bhopal, Gwalior, Agra and Mathura.
Goa Express can cover a distance of 2202 km in 39 hours 25 minutes. The train passes through Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and crosses through Rajasthan at Dhaulpur without stopping.
The Goa Express is the only daily passenger express train to pass through the Dudhsagar Falls on the Braganza Ghat section. Also, Goa Express 12779 provides an excellent opportunity for passengers to enjoy Goa en route’s natural beauty and enjoy the wonderful Vasco Da Gama to Londa Station rail route.
Goa Express Time Table
12780 Goa Express Train Time Table
12780 Goa Express H Nizamuddin – Vasco Da Gama (Daily)
12779 Goa Express Train Time Table
12779 Goa Express Vasco Da Gama – H Nizamuddin (Daily)
Goa Express Train Schedule
Goa Express train number 12780 is a daily train running between Hazrat Nizamuddin (NZM) and Vasco Da Gama (VSG). The total distance between these cities is around 2202 km. Goa Express leaves Hazrat Nizamuddin at 15:00 on day 1 and reaches Vasco Da Gama station at 06:30 on the third day. The train takes 39 hours and 25 minutes to reach from its source to the destination.
Order Food in Goa Express Train (12779/12780)
Although there is a pantry car available in Goa Express, it serves limited food options to the passengers. Enjoy a variety of food options and a delicious assortment of Veg Thali, Non-Veg Thali, Jain Food, Chinese and local delicacies during your Goa Express journey. Passengers can enjoy food delivery in trains to get delicious restaurant-style fresh food directly at their seat. You can order varieties of food on a train journey using any one of these methods:
- RailRestro app or website
- RailMitra app or website
- IRCTC e-catering website or Food on Track app
Goa Express Accommodations
Travel classes in the Goa Express train:
- 2 AC coaches with 2-Tiers,
- 4 AC coaches with 3-Tiers,
- 11 Sleeper Class,
- 3 Unreserved General Compartment,
- 1 Pantry car,
- 2 Luggage/Parcel cum Brake van provided with the Guards’ cabin & RMS[Railway Mail Service].
The total coach composition is 23 coaches in the Goa Express train.
Goa Express Seat Availability
If you are looking for Goa Express seat availability and ticket booking options, you can use RailMitra’s seat availability feature. It shows you the exact number of available and booked seats in all classes of Goa Express.
If you have booked a Goa Express ticket but got a waitlisted ticket, don’t worry. Use RailMitra’s PNR status feature, which will tell you about your ticket’s current waiting status and predict your ticket’s chances of confirmation. Now that you know the Goa Express 12780 PNR Status, you can relax and enjoy your journey.
12779/12780 Goa Express Train Ticket Price
1. Goa Express Regular Ticket (12 and above)
2. Goa Express Child Ticket (5 – 11)
3. Goa Express Senior Citizen Female Ticket (58 and above)
4. Goa Express Senior Citizen Male Ticket (60 and above)
12779/12780 Goa Express Running Status
Passengers travelling from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Vasco Da Gama must check Goa Express train running status. It will help you plan your trip in a better way and also avoid any unnecessary rush. The Goa Express live status will help you track the train’s exact location and train time that ensure you don’t miss the train.
Apart from that, if you are already travelling in Goa Express and want to know the train’s exact location, you can do so by using Goa Express 12780 running status.
Facts and Features of Goa Express Train
- The train was introduced around 1987. At the time of introduction, Goa rail links were Meter Gauge.
- The Goa Express train ran with a Broad Gauge (BG) and a Meter Gauge (MG) counterpart, the MG section situated between Vasco da Gama and Miraj, and the BG section between Miraj and Hazrat Nizamuddin.
- At the time of launching, the Goa Express train was numbered 2479/2480 and served under the Delhi Railway Division of Northern Railway.
- Post-gauge-conversion when the Broad Gauge (BG) train ran the full route, the train’s operation was transferred to the Hubli Railway Division of the present-day South Western Railway and renumbered as 12779/12780.
- Goa Express train is similar to trains such as Telangana Express, Karnataka Express, and Andhra Pradesh Express, providing a link between respective state capitals and New Delhi.
- Vasco da Gama (Code: VSG) is the nearest railway station to Panjim, capital of Goa. Panjim is not directly accessible by train.
Direction Reversal of Goa Express Train
Goa Express Train Reverses its direction 3 times:
- Londa Railway Station
- Pune Railway Station
- Daund Railway Station
Loco Link in Goa Express
Both trains of Goa Express are using Electric and Diesel Locomotives.
- Vasco da Gama – Londa WDP-4 or WDP-4D Diesel Loco Shed, Krishnarajapuram (KJM).
- Londa – Pune WDP-4D Diesel Loco Shed, Krishnarajapuram.
- Pune – Hazrat Nizamuddin WAP-7 Electric Loco shed, Tughlakabad (TKD).
The Goa Express train also gets Twin WDG 4 bankers locomotives in the Braganza Ghats between Kulem to Castle Rock in Karnataka of Hubli Shed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Goa Express
- How to spot your train – Goa Express?
If you are looking for the live train running status, then you can use RailMitra’s ‘spot your train’ option to check live status of Goa Express.
2. What is the time taken by Goa Express to reach from Vasco Da Gama to Hazrat Nizamuddin?
12779 Goa Express takes 39 Hours 25 Minutes to reach from Goa to Hazrat Nizamuddin.
3. What is the train schedule of 12780 Goa Express?
Goa Express departs from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 15:00 on day one and reaches Vasco Da Gama at 06:30 on the third day.
4. Does Goa Express stop at Dudhsagar?
The Goa Express train is the only daily passenger express train to cross the Dudhsagar Falls on the Braganza Ghat section.
5. Goa Express 12780 passes through how many stations?
Goa Express 12780 passes through 30 railway stations from Hazrat Nizamuddin to Vasco Da Gama.
6. How much distance is covered by Goa Express 12780?
Goa Express 12780 covers 2202 km to reach Vasco Da Gama (VSG).
7. Is food served in Goa Express?
Goa Express train offers catering facilities in train but it serves a limited variety of food for the passengers. During such a long journey, passengers crave more food options and they can order online food in train from RailMitra.
8. What is the route of the Goa Express train?
The Goa Express train is a daily superfast train operated by Indian Railways connecting Vasco da Gama, and Hazrat Nizamuddin in New Delhi.