RailMitra Journey Planner
Offers for You
Rated 4.5 by verified customers who ordered food in Train from RailmitraRead all Reviews...
If you are looking for awesome experience in terms of food, Railmitra is one stop for you.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivered to me at Itarsi was served hot n fresh. This was the first time I tried ordering via online mode. I would suggest to include more options for vegetarian people.
Overall Rating: 4
Food Delivered by Railmitra was awesome in taste. I would highly recommend everyone to try this out sometime.
Overall Rating: 5
RailMitra – Your Partner for Train Journey Planning
RailMitra is your partner in train journey planning as it is a one-stop destination for Indian railway passengers providing a solution for all train travel-related queries along with the facility to order food on train online.
All-in-One Railway Services Offered by RailMitra
RailMitra offers a bunch of railway related services on a single platform, so you don’t need to hop from one website to another in search of your queries. RailMitra’s wide range of services includes:
Food in Train
Order food for your train journey easily from RailMitra by entering your PNR number or train and journey details. You can choose from a variety of restaurant food and get fresh and delicious meals delivered to your train seat.
- 2000+ food partners those are FSSAI-approved to ensure highest standards of quality and hygiene while preparing food.
- Delivering food in 7000+ trains including all trains with pantry car and without pantry car. Easily order food in any train including Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, passenger trains or private trains.
- Delivering food in 450+ stations of India. Easily order food at your train’s boarding station or any of the intermediate stations. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner delivered at your train seat wherever you travel.
- Order a variety of food in trains from the best restaurants. RailMitra’s restaurant partners across India offer a variety of delicious veg and non-veg food on trains from Biryani, Thali, Chinese, Pizza, as well as Milk in train for babies.
Get a discount on your food orders using RailMitra Food Coupons.
Check PNR Status
Check accurate IRCTC PNR Status or your ticket and get a prediction of your waitlisted train ticket. The AI-powered interface of RailMitra returns highly accurate results of your PNR status enquiry online. Stay updated with the changes in PNR status before boarding your train.
Train Time Table or Train Schedule
Check IRCTC train time table online and get detailed information about the train schedule from RailMitra, including:
- Station Name
- Station Code
- Arrival Time
- Halting Duration
- Departure Time
- Day of Running
- Distance Covered
Check seat availability in Indian railways trains online through RailMitra interface. Enter the following details to get information about the availability of seat:
- Train Name or Train Number
- ‘From’ Station Name
- ‘To’ Station Name
- Date of Travel
- Class of Travel
Live Train Status
Check IRCTC Live Train Running status for any train of Indian railways from RailMitra and easily spot your train online. Get real-time updates about a train running status, including:
- Train running status
- Train’s current location
- Estimated time of arrival and departure
- Expected delays
- Platform number on which the train is expected to arrive
Live Station Arrival and Departure
Check live upcoming trains between stations in the next 2, 4 or 8 hours from RailMitra. With the Indian Railways enquiry for trains between stations, you can find these details about the train at the station:
- Arriving or Departing Trains
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
- Estimated Time of Departure (ETD)
- The Status of the Train
- Expected Platform Number
Train between Stations
Check all the details of the trains between two stations on a particular boarding date from RailMitra. Plan your journey well by checking the following details:
- Train Number
- Train Name
- Origin Station
- Departure Time
- Destination Station
- Arrival Time
- Travel Time
- Days of Running
- Classes of Travel
Train Fare Enquiry
Easily check the fare details of a train online based on the different classes from RailMitra.
Total train fare breakup includes reservation charges, superfast charges, goods service tax and more.
Check time table of trains arriving on a railway station in India from RailMitra. Get detailed information about the train schedule, arrival time, departure time, and halt duration.
Hotels nearby Stations
You can book hotels nearby stations on an hourly basis from RailMitra and enjoy short stays on a budget.
Why Choose RailMitra?
RailMitra is a one-stop destination for every passenger who is planning to travel on a train and want an Indian railway enquiry service instantly. Making travel fun is what we aim to offer to our end users. RailMitra offers a complete package when it comes to planning your travel journey.
- Accurate and updated data: RailMitra’s AI-powered interface allows passengers to get the latest and precise information every time. Whether you’re searching for PNR status or train schedule or fare enquiry, you can always trust the rail tools by RailMitra.
- Clear and detailed information: RailMitra provides detailed train information including arrival/departure timings, coach details, platform number, total halt time, number of stoppages en route along with station codes.
- Easy navigation: RailMitra website and app is very user-friendly and offers easy navigation. All railway services can easily be located on the RailMitra app or website. We believe in providing quick and accurate information so that you spend less time searching for trains and more time on planning your journey.
- Best food delivery partner: RailMitra has partnered with an authorized e-catering partner of IRCTC to offer food delivery in train. The 2000+ nationwide restaurant partners of RailMitra offer a variety of cuisines at 450+ railway stations across India.
RailMitra App: All-in-one Railway App
RailMitra is an all-in-one railway app with useful features for every Indian railway passengers. With the help of this railway catering app, you can easily book food online and get it delivered at your train seat. RailMitra app also helps you along your train journey with its railway enquiry features of:
- PNR Status
- Train Time table
- Train Between stations
- Live Arrival and Departure of Trains at a Station
- Train Seat Availability
- Train Fare Enquiry
- Book Hotels nearby Railway Stations at Hourly Basis
- Stay updated with the latest Rail News with RailMitra Indian railway blogs!
Download RailMitra, all-in-one railway app from Google Play Store to order food in train and avail railway enquiry services on the go, such as checking PNR status, train time table, train between stations, train seat availability, train fare enquiry and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is PNR Confirmation Probability? How does it operate?
We know that every PNR number has a status associated with it. It might be RAC, Waitlisted, or Confirmed (CNF). Confirmation probability is simply defined as the chances (probability) of getting a ticket confirmed. These’re expressed in percentages like 50%, 70%, 100% etc. If the result is above 80% after PNR enquiry, there’re high chances of getting your tickets confirmed. It’s a scientific prediction. The confirmation probability operates on various factors like:
- Current trends of the train
- Rate of ticket bookings
- Seasonality concerns
- Quota adjustment systems
- Choice of Trains: They are classified as the first choice train, second choice train and third choice train depending on the preference of the passengers and ticket availability.
By combining these factors, the confirmation probability ends with a specific value and colour code. The higher probability value will be represented by green followed by yellow and red. E.g., if your status at the time of booking a ticket is W/L 10 GNWL and current status shows W/L 1 GNWL, this means there’re 90% chances of confirmation.
2. What are the types of codes displayed during PNR status Check?
There are several status codes displayed on the screen while checking PNR status online. Some of the codes are:
- GNWL (General Waiting List): Confirmation probability is higher in this status.
- CKWL (Tatkal Waiting List): Tatkal waiting list is preferred after the general waiting list is exhausted.
- RLWL (Remote Location Waiting List)
- RQWL (Request Waiting List)
- PQWL (Pooled Quota Waiting List)
- RLGN (Remote Location General Waiting List)
- RSWL (Roadside station waiting list)
- CNF: Confirmed
- RAC: Reservation Against Cancellation
3. What do the first three digits of PNR signify?
The first three digits represent the PRS (Passenger Reservation System) from where the ticket is booked. E.g. If your PNR number starts with 2 or 3, it means the ticket is issued by New Delhi PRS or if it starts from 6, 7 then it is Eastern Central Railway (ECR) or Kolkata PRS.
4. Is PNR valid after the journey ends?
No! PNR number is only valid from the date it is generated till the journey ends. However, the PNR number is stored for nine months in the database of Indian Railways (CRIS).
5. How many tickets can be booked in a single PNR?
Tickets of six passengers can be booked in a single PNR, which means a maximum of 6 passengers can be accommodated in a single PNR number while booking tickets.
6. Can You Order Food in Train by using PNR number?
Yes! You can easily order food of your choice by entering the PNR number in RailMitra’s app for food ordering and select the options among the given variety and order them in a few simple steps. You will get your food delivered on your seat.
7. Is PNR allotted for non-reserved tickets?
No! PNR number is always allotted on reserved tickets. It is allotted for classes like 1AC, 2AC, FC (First Class), 3AC; CC (Chair Car), SL (Sleeper Class) and 2S (second seating).
8. What is Flushed PNR?
If you check the PNR status after your journey ends, the status visible will be “Flushed PNR” or “PNR is Flushed” which means the PNR number is no more active neither can it be reused.
9. Where is PNR number located on an e-ticket?
There’s a separate cell for PNR number which is located above the transaction ID cell. The first cell on the e-ticket carries the PNR Number for the journey.
10. Is PNR number valid after ticket cancellation?
No! As the ticket is cancelled, the validity of PNR ends. This means the PNR number is no more active for any train journey.
11. What details are displayed while PNR search?
Whenever any passenger enquires their PNR status online, it displays the departure-arrival timings, coach/seat number, fare details, ticket status and the expected platform number from which the train will depart.
12. What does the code “WEBCAN” and “WEBCANRF” refer to?
The Code “WEBCAN” means “Railway Counter Ticket Passenger cancelled through internet and Refund not collected” and “WEBCANRF” refer to “Railway Counter Ticket Passenger cancelled through internet and Refund collected”.