The first Humsafar Express Trains service was introduced by Indian Railways on 16 December 2016. Humsafar Express was a complete 3-tier AC train with optional service for food in train (Upto Sept 2019). This train is focused on middle-class passengers. In addition to existing only 3AC class coaches, the Railways have introduced Sleeper class coaches on the Humsafar trains as per the requirement and as per the Zonal Railways decision.
It’s an inexpensive luxury train service. Passengers can enjoy the modern amenities of the Humsafar trains at lower rates. You can comfortably traverse across India at a very affordable rate via the Humsafar Express train.
Introduced by the Indian Railways in December 2016, Humsafar Express trains are air-conditioned high-speed trains that look elegant and are more comfortable than other passenger trains of India. There are 22 three-tier AC coaches and each coach has mobile and laptop charging points, reading lights, dust bins, bottle holders, mini pantries, and privacy curtains. Vending machines are available in Humsafar train with heating chambers and refrigerating boxes to warm up food or put food or beverages cold at all times.
Humsafar Express Route
Humsafar Express Route are long train routes that connect major cities of India through railway tracks. The Champaran Humsafar Express (15706), which runs every two weeks between Katihar Junction and Old Delhi Junction, covers a total distance of 1,472 kilometres in 30 hours, with 15 stops in between. The weekly Howrah-Tirupati Humsafar Express covers a total of 1,617 km (1,005 mi) of the Humsafar Express Route from Howrah Junction, Kolkata to Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh with six stops in-between.
The average running speed of a Humsafar train is 60-65 km/h. The Santragachi – Pune Humsafar Express which runs between Santragachi, West Bengal and Pune, Maharashtra has an operating speed of 65km/hr on average covering 2058 km in 32 hours and 20 minutes.
The weeklyBhubaneswar – Krishnarajapuram Humsafar Express covers Bhubaneswar, Odisha and Krishnarajapuram, Karnataka at a speed of 60 km/h (37 mph) in approximately 25 hours.
List of Humsafar Express Train
Food Delivery in Humsafar Express Train
You can order quality food on train Humsafar Express online for your journey from some of the famous restaurants empanelled in e-Catering. RailMitra is the official food aggregator of IRCTC that assist railway passengers in ordering food in Humsafar Express train online. So, order tasty food at reasonable prices with the best offers for train food delivery services on the Humsafar Express train.
Enjoy delicious Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian, Jain Food, Chinese and regional delicacies during your train journey on the Humsafar Express train. You can order food in train by the following methods:
Humsafar Express Seat Availability
You can online check the seat availability of Humsafar train through RailMitra’s seat availability feature and plan a prosperous journey ahead. The all-in-one train app informs you of the exact number of available and reserved seats in the various Humsafar Express travel classes.
If you have booked a Humsafar train ticket but have a RAC ticket or waitlist ticket, then use the check PNR status option of RailMitra to know the current status of your ticket.
Interesting Facts and Features of Humsafar Train
Benefits of Humsafar Express
- The train has a very effective fire and smoke detection and control system, which facilitates passenger safety.
- The class of Humsafar train are more affordable and comfortable.
- Catering on the Humsafar train is optional.
- Advance Reservation Period (ARP) is 120 days.
- The Humsafar Express berths are now more comfortable than the Khadi bedrolls of the previous 3-tier AC sleeper.
- To maintain secrecy, Humsafar Express is equipped with side curtains in corridors such as AC-2.
- The LED screens on Humsafar Train show information about stations, train speed, and other information.
- Next to each berth column, there are mobile and laptop charging points.
- Odour control systems, GPS-based information systems and indicators of toilet occupancy are available.
- The toilets, with soap dispensers and heat detection systems, have plush interiors.
- Each coach has a small pantry unit fitted with a vending machine for coffee/tea/soup, a heating chamber and a refrigerating box.
- Regular cancellation and Refund rule is applicable.
Features and Facilities of Humsafar Express Coaches
- Bio – toilets
- Charging points for mobile
- LED Screens to display important train-related announcements.
- Hygienic, sanitised and Refrigerated Pantry.
- The colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior of the train.
- Attractive interiors with colourfully co-ordinated seats, partitions, curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
- The cabin in Humsafar trains has Deodorizer, Dustbins and Sleek bottle holders.
- The CCTV tracks the common areas of coaches.
- Integrated Braille displays for visually disabled individuals.
- Hygienic lavatories with the odour flushing system
- GPS-based Passenger Information System (Global Positioning System)
- Passenger notification system
- Those who carry their own meals onboard will enjoy the refrigeration box and the heating chamber on each train car.
- These trains will include side curtains on corridors such as 2 ACs which got removed from 3-tier AC sleepers.
- The berths are more convenient than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper rakes.
- Each coupe and side berth have curtains for privacy.
- The Humsafar Train has facilities of pantry car, on-board catering and e-catering.
The Upgraded Features
The upgraded features of the Humsafar train are:
- Single Side Lower Berth (previously 2 Side Berths)
- Mobile Charging point and USB charging points for each berth (earlier
- three charging point for eight passengers) including
- Reading light for each berth (earlier only the lower berths had reading lights)
- Comfortable climbing arrangement for upper berth
- The urinal in 2 toilets per coach
- Baby Nappy Changing Pad in 2 toilets per coach
- Display Monitor Screen for the CCTV installed in the coach.
- Dustbins are available inside each coach in every bay.
Humsafar Express Fare
The base fare of Humsafar train for AC-3 tier is 1.15 times of the base fare of AC-3 tier superfast Mail/Express trains, which apply for the first passenger block of 50% and after that a 10% rise for every 10% increase in the other remaining 50% passenger block.
Tatkal fare is 1.5 times of Humsafar train basic fares. Other charges, such as reservation fee, superfast surcharge, GST, etc. as applicable, shall be imposed separately. The catering charge is optional for a meal in Humsafar trains. The Humsafar express fare includes bedroll charges.
The base fare of the Humsafar express ticket price is almost ₹ 1,675. The highest possible Humsafar train fare is ₹ 2,681. The tatkal surcharge is ₹ 880. The minimum net-fare for children between the age of 5-11 years is ₹ 875, Humsafar express fare for senior citizens is ₹ 960, and the maximum net fare is ₹ 1,319.