The serene beaches, delicious seafood and ancient architecture, these are some of the important features of Goa that attract tourists from all over the country and the world. Goa can be easily reached from various parts of India via air, trains and roads.
If you are thinking of travelling from Mumbai to Goa and want to learn about the trains from Mumbai to Goa, then this blog is for you. So let’s learn about all the important information related to Mumbai to Goa trains.
Visitors Can Easily Board Mumbai to Goa Trains
It is the easiest means to reach Goa as the two main railway stations in the state are Vasco de Gama and Madgaon railway station. These two railway stations are well connected to various parts of the country in the form of an extensive rail network.
Many regular trains are operating from Mumbai to Goa. These include the fastest train in the Mumbai-Goa route – Tejas Express. The distance from Panaji to Madgaon railway station is 38 kilometres, and Panaji is 29 kilometres from Vasco de Gama railway station. Travellers can avail taxis from outside the railway station.
Nearest Railway Station to Visit Goa
- Madgaon Railway Station (MAO): Madgaon is the central railway station of Goa. The Madgaon railway station (MAO) is located in the southern part of Goa. If you want to visit the pristine beaches of South Goa, then Madgaon station is the best place to de-board your train. Most express trains that reach Goa have a halt at the MAO station.
- Karmali Railway Station (KRMI): Karmali railway station (KRMI) is another station located in North Goa. The station is closest to Panaji, which is the capital of Goa. If you are wishing to visit the beaches of North Goa or are planning to visit Panaji, KRMI station is the best station for you.
List of Trains from Mumbai to Goa
Many Mumbai to Goa trains operate in the route. Some trains operate in a week while some trains run daily. Many expresses and superfast class trains run on this route. You can book train tickets for yourself in different categories depending on your needs and budget. Some of the options for travelling in Mumbai to Goa Trains are:
The Fastest Mumbai to Goa Train
The fastest train on this route is Tejas Express which runs from Mumbai to Goa at a speed of 120 kmph. Tejas Express has been running from Mumbai to Goa for the last two years. The Tejas Express reaches Goa’s Karmali station in just 8 hours from Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, while the Jan Shatabdi Express takes 8 hours 30 minutes to cover the same distance. The Tejas Express was launched to provide luxury facilities to railway passengers. The Train has many facilities like Wi-Fi, mobile charging and USB points on every seat, LCD screen with headphones for entertainment, bio-toilet and CCTV camera.
Timing of Mumbai to Goa Tejas Express
The fastest train of Mumbai-Goa route “Mumbai Goa Tejas Express” departs from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 05:50 AM and reaches Goa’s Karmali station at 14:00 PM. There are 6 halts and 81 intermediate stations between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Karmali station.
Vistadome Glass Roof in the Mumbai to Goa Train
The fun of a trip to a place becomes double when the journey is relaxing. Since the last decade, the government is taking a lot of steps to make the journey of train travellers more comfortable.
The Jan Shatabdi Express, which runs from Mumbai’s Dadar to Goa’s Madgaon, has been fitted with an air-conditioned Vistadome coach. The windows of the train are made of glass, and their size is also larger than the windows of regular trains. The roof is also made of glass. When the train passes through the beautiful valley and tunnel of Konkan, you can experience the beauty of nature and can click beautiful pictures with your phone. In this way, your journey becomes not only exciting but also very joyful.
Timing of Dadar Madgaon Jan Shatabdi Express
The Dadar Madgaon Jan Shatabdi Express departs at 05:25 AM from Dadar central and reaches Madgaon Railway station at 14:10 PM. There are a total of 8 halts, and 75 intermediate stations lie between the journey of Dadar Central and Madgaon Junction.
Konkan Kanya Express
If you want to experience an overnight journey while relaxing in a deep sleep, the 10111 Konkan Kanya Express is the most time-saving train between Mumbai and Goa. It departs from CST station in Mumbai at 11:05 PM and reaches Madgaon station in Goa at 10:45 AM the next day. The train runs every day of the week. It also stops at Karmali railway station (KRMI) before concluding its journey at the Madgaon station.
Another train that requires a full-day trip from Mumbai to Goa is the 10103 Mandovi Express. The train runs on all days of the week from Mumbai’s CST station and reaches its destination at Goa’s Madgaon (MAO) station. Its departure time from CST is 7:10 AM, and the train runs for 11 hours 40 minutes to reach Madgaon at 06:50 PM. This train takes longer than the others but is a good option if you have free time and want to enjoy the beautiful hills and waterfalls along the way.
Other Trains between Mumbai to Goa
Other trains running on the Mumbai-Goa route include 12133 Mangalore Express for overnight travel and 12051 Jan Shatabdi Express from Dadar (DR) station for an early morning departure.
Precautions to be Taken While Travelling in Trains
If you are travelling with your family, the safety of yourself and your family is essential. Before travelling, you must have the necessary phone numbers. With the help of “Rail Madad“, you can ask for help from RPF in emergencies. If you have some local friends who can help during a crisis, be sure to have saved their phone numbers. You can also dial the Indian Railways 139 helpline number from your mobile phone in emergencies.
Best Time to Visit Goa
The best time to visit Goa is from October to March. During this time, there are also many big festivals in Goa. From June to September, due to heavy rains, very few tourists come here. Goa is considered to be the most attractive place in the country, especially for the New Year’s party.
Things to Do in Goa
In India, Goa is considered to be the ultimate party destination. Goa’s casinos are the most famous. The beach, landscapes, casinos, night clubs, pubs, restaurants and the best hotels can all be easily found here. There is also the option of water sports, street markets and night markets.
The southern part of this city is quite peaceful. There are some very famous churches and serene beaches in the south. One of the most renowned seashores of Goa is the Colva Beach which is located in the southern part of Goa.
Best Tourist Places of Goa
If you want to go to Goa and cherish an excellent memory, then you must visit these most famous 12 places:
- Palolem Beach – A place of peaceful atmosphere
- Baga Beach – Place for enjoying Parasailing and Banana Boat Ride
- Dudhsagar Waterfall – Scenic milky waterfall
- Bom Jesus Basilica – Symbol of righteousness
- Aguada Fort – Original location of great photos
- Saturdays Night Market – Buyers’ centre
- Mangeshi Temple – Holy temple of Lord Shiva
- Newell Aviation Museum – India’s only Naval Museum
- Tito Nightclub – An ultimate party destination
- Martin’s Corner – The centre of seafood
- Anjuna Beach – The oldest beach of Goa
- Chorao Island – Susegad in the beautiful nature’s lap
Best Accommodation Options at Goa
- Budget Stays: There are many options for budget hotels, and guest houses are available for your stay in Goa. From Rs 1,100 to Rs 3,000, budget hotels from Oyo Rooms to budget hotels can be easily found here. You can choose these hotel options according to your budget.
- Luxury Accommodations: If you are searching for a luxury stay five stars hotels in Goa then Vivanta by Taj, Ramada and the Leela are some of the most popular options, which can be booked in a price range of Rs 6,700 to Rs 14,000. This cost is for one night in one room. Apart from this, four-star hotels like Country Inn, Lemon Tree, and Highland Beach Resort are readily available at the price range of Rs 3,500 to Rs 6,000.