Indian Railway introduces new codes for seat booking and coaches. The decision to introduce new booking codes has come after the IRCTC inducted new Vistadome coaches, AC-3 tier economy class coaches, and double-decker coaches in trains.
Train passengers use booking codes to book tickets in various categories such as AC-1, AC-2, CC, Sleeper Class, etc. The need for new codes was felt after the introduction of the new Vistadome coaches. These coaches offers a 180-degree view of the surrounding through wide pane glass windows, glass rooftop, and ultra-luxurious features onboard.
After getting an immense response from the passengers, Indian Railways plans to operate more trains with Vistadome coaches on several rail routes. Apart from Vistadome coaches, AC-3 tier economy class coaches are also being inducted. Hence, the need to introduce new seat booking codes was a must.
According to sources, the Indian Railway Ministry has notified all Railway Zones about the new ticket booking codes and coach codes. Passengers should note that the new booking code for AC-3 tier economy class coach is E.V, and it will also be the coach code. Reportedly, all-new coach codes have been fed into the database of various Indian Railway Zones, and they are operational now.
Related Reading: Train Ticket: All That You Need To Know
New Ticket Booking Codes
Here is the new Ticket booking and coach codes. This is a revised list of IRCTC seat booking and coach codes:
- Vistadome Non-A.C – V.S Coach Code D.V
- Vistadome A.C – E.V (Coach Code E.V)
- Sleeper – S.L (Coach Code S)
- A.C Chair Car – C.C (Coach Code C)
- Third AC – 3A (Coach Code B)
- A.C Three Tier Economy – 3E (Coach Code M)
- Second A.C – 2A (Coach Code A)
- GareebRath A.C Three Tier – 3A (Coach Code G)
- GareebRath Chair Car – C.C (Coach Code J)
- First AC – 1A (Coach Code H)
- Executive Class – E.C (Coach Code E)
- Anubhuti Class – E.A (Coach Code K)
- First Class – F.C (Coach Code F)
According to IRCTC, the new AC 3 economy class coach shall be inducted in all Express and Mail trains except Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Jan Shatabdi, and Duronto trains.
The new LHB AC 3 economy class coaches shall come with features listed below:
- Passenger capacity increased from 72 to 83 Berths.
- Provisions enabling disabled and Divyangjan passengers with comfortable entry and exit in coach. Disabled-friendly toilets that comply with the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan norms.
- A.C duct with individual vents to each berth.
- Modular seat/berth for increased comfort and low maintenance.
- Foldable snack tables. They fold in both longitudinal and transverse bays.
- Injury-free holders for bottles, mobile phones, and magazines.
- Reading lights and mobile charging points at each berth.
- Ergonomically designed ladder for accessing middle and upper berths.
- Illuminated indicators and night lights.
- Improved Fire Safety System in adherence with the world-class EN45545-2 HL3 benchmark.
Indian Railway is focusing on various revamps in its services, infrastructure, and operations. Subsequently, Vistadome has garnered huge success leading to the introduction of new coaches on a full scale. The new codes represent Vistadome and various other new coaches of the Indian Railways.
Passengers should update themselves with the new booking codes and coach codes. Keeping yourself updated with these codes will help you plan a journey better and ensure hassle-free traveling by train.
We closely monitor the updates from Indian Railways and try to provide you with the latest rail news. Keep in touch with RailMitra for the latest update on IRCTC seat booking codes and rail news.
Furthermore, you can choose us to book delicious food on the train and get it delivered to your seat. Additionally, you can check the live running status of your train, get the status of your ticket PNR number, and even use the train schedule feature to plan a journey by train.
Want to learn more about IRCTC seat booking codes? Install RailMitra App on your mobile, which is faster, reliable, and works like a charm on all Android and iOS devices.