Search by Train Name or Number for Live Train Running Status
Check Train Running Status
RailMitra helps you to check the live running status of Indian Railways trains online. Spot IRCTC trains with its Live Train Running Status feature. You can also get accurate information about the train status at your fingertips from the RailMitra app.
RailMitra’s efficient GPS tracking functionality keeps passengers updated with the train running status wherever they travel. In addition, you can also check the train's position, estimated arrival and departure time, expected delays, along with the probable platform number where the train is likely to arrive.
Why Check Train Running Status Online?
Checking the running status of a train is important as it helps you during your travel in several ways. During the pre-digitization of Indian Railways, planning and executing a journey with ease and comfort was something next to impossible. After the adoption of digitization by IRCTC, planning a train journey is easy now.
Every train passenger needs to check live train status because:
- It helps in time management: Time management is crucial. If you don’t reach the station on time to board the train for the journey, you will likely miss the train. Through this service, every traveller can manage their timings to catch the train on time.
- Devise a strategy for the journey: Every activity needs a strategy for its successful completion. Similar is the case with the train journey. Apart from managing time for the journey, it helps devise a plan that helps the activities go smoothly.
- Ease of travelling: Nowadays travelling is not that hectic as before. Travellers were not able to travel to any location of India at any time so easily. Thanks to the digitization, now every traveller can easily plan and go for a journey as the railway services can be easily accessed via internet like checking seat availability, booking of tickets, hotels, cabs etc. Once the ticket is booked, you can easily spot your train using the train running status and plan to explore beautiful India and its heritage without any inconvenience.
How to Check Train Running Status Online From RailMitra?
- Download the RailMitra App from the Play Store or visit the website www.railmitra.com.
- Go to the section of “Rail Tools” and navigate to “Train Live Status”.
- You can easily check the train running status by entering the train number.
- As soon as the passenger enters the train number, the name of the train appears. Click on the train name.
- Choose the train's starting date from the given three options of Yesterday, Today, or Tomorrow.
- Hit the “Check Live Status” button beside the box.
- Your train schedule and live train status will be displayed on the screen.
This is one of the fastest ways to spot your train in real-time.
Where is My Train - Spot Your Train Online
Many times you may have the question, 'Where is my train', then use RailMitra’s train status feature to spot your train easily.
RailMitra helps locate the exact position of any train through the National Train Enquiry System (NTES) platform. NTES provides easy functionality to check train running status online.
What Is Train Running Status?
The live running status of the train is required for the passengers. It helps them for successful planning to board the train and continue the journey with comfort. Through the “Train Running Status”, the passengers can easily check the current location of Indian Railways trains, the late status and the expected arrival and departure time.
Things to Know before Checking Train Running Status Online
Keeping access to the live train running status online is mandatory for travellers to spot your train online. Any passenger needs any of these two details to track the status of a train:
- Date of Journey (DOJ): The date of the journey is printed on the ticket and mentioned in the text message forwarded by IRCTC, on the registered mobile number, after booking the tickets. Passenger has to board the train on the date of the journey.
- Train Number and Name: Each train has a specific five-digit number assigned to it, e.g., RJPB Rajdhani Express has the number “12309”. The train number is an identification of the train and also reveals which route it will travel on.
- Source and Destination Station Name: The source station from where the train journey starts and the destination station is where the train journey ends. E.g., the Patna-New Delhi Rajdhani Express departs from the Rajendra Nagar Terminus (Source) and ends its journey at New Delhi Railway Station (Destination).
These details are mandatory for checking the train running status and other inquiries like seat availability in train, arrival and departure of trains, or trains between stations.
Live Train Running Status Updates from RailMitra
RailMitra is an active platform to check live train running status for travellers. You can spot your train 24*7 through its website and app. In recent days, RailMitra has emerged as a one-stop app for all railway enquiry needs, turning your journey into an enjoyable experience.
Enter the train number or name to get the live running status for Indian railway trains. It will return the exact location of any train and its real arrival and delay status. RailMitra's train tracking system spots a train through its AI-based algorithm. So, you always know where your train is.
How RailMitra Spots Your Train Online?
RailMitra spots your train with the real-time GPS location and tracking mechanism, Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, and highly technical programming. It fetches the exact result from its huge and well-maintained train running status back-end database consisting of intricate train details.
Components of a Train Running Status Inquiry
You should know about the major components of the train running status displayed on the screen:
- Date of Journey: The date on which the traveller has to board his train for the journey.
- List of Station Names: A list of station names between the source and destination station.
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) and Estimated Time of Departure (ETD): The expected time of arrival and departure of the train, whether the train is on time or delayed.
- Halt time at each station: The schedule will display the halt timings of the train at each station.
- Current station: The final result for which every traveller waits! It shows the train's exact location or the exact station where the train is in a halt position.
Q) How to check train running status on mobile?
You can easily check the train running status of any Indian railways train through the RailMitra app or by visiting its mobile website.
Q) How to check IRCTC live train status through SMS?
You can check the IRCTC live train status using the offline mode by sending an SMS to 139 in the given format:
SMS Enquiry for Live Train Running Status
- Format 1: SPOT <Train No>
Example: SPOT 12309
- Format 2: LOCATE <Train Number>
Example: LOCATE 12309
Q) How to check IRCTC train status through a call?
You can call the Indian railway helpline number 139 and follow the instructions to choose the language. Press the suggested button to check train running status to learn details about the train's arrival and departure status.
Q) How does the offline live train status enquiry work?
The offline live train running status proves useful when the internet connection is poor. Once the estimated train status chart is downloaded, you can refer to the same during the journey.
Q) Is the live train running status update through RailMitra more accurate than the Indian Railways?
Yes, the live train running status of RailMitra is found to be more accurate than that of Indian Railways. This is because Indian Railways derives details of the train status from the last stop of the particular train, which is subject to manual errors and delays. But, RailMitra crowd sources the live train status through the real-time GPS of the network of phones.
Q) Why do I need to check the live train running on my day of the journey?
You need to check the current train running status on your day of the journey to stay updated with any delays or last-minute changes in the arrival or departure status of the train. This will help you stay informed and plan your journey accordingly.
Q) Why can't I see the train running status details for my train?
In case you can't see the train running status details of your train, it could be due to any of the given reasons:
- The train number is not valid or is incorrect.
- The train does not run on that specific date.
Q) How does the Live Train Status work?
The live train running status is connected with the GPS of the train and sends real-time information about the arrival and departure time. When a train departs from a station, the status gets updated and sent to the server.
Q) Why is the train's arrival on an estimated platform number not available for some stations?
The live train running status updates may not be sometimes available for smaller stations. Moreover, the train's arrival on a certain platform number is decided by the station master based on the historical arrival data, real-time train traffic at the track, delays of some trains, and cancellation of any train. This information may not be updated in the Indian Railways system when you check for the live train status online.
Railway Enquiries and Services through RailMitra
RailMitra is a fine example of a congregation of technology and automation, which solves the railway needs of the passengers.
- Train Live Status – Check live train running status online by entering train name or number
- PNR Status – Check live PNR status by entering 10-digits PNR number
- Train Schedule – Check the live train time table online using RailMitra.
- Live Station Arrival and Departure – Check live arrival and departure status of trains between stations in the next 2, 4, and 8 hours
- Order Food in Train – Get online food delivery in train through RailMitra
- Train Between Stations – Check upcoming train between stations through RailMitra.
- Seat Availability – Check train seat availability online.
- Fare Enquiry – Get train ticket fare details online of any train in any class.
- Station Details – Enter station name to get train schedule and time table
- Rail News – Read the latest railway news and stay updated.
- Hotel by Hour – Book Hourly Hotels Near Railway Station
Choose RailMitra to check train running status live on your mobile, and laptop.