Shri Ramayana Yatra train is an initiative of IRCTC to promote religious tourism in India. This train will be visiting well-known pilgrimage sites associated with the life of Lord Rama in 17 days, covering 7500 km. The Ramayan Express train initiated its maiden leg on November 7th from Delhi’s Safdarjung railway station. The initiative is in the program “Dekho Apna Desh,” which turned out to be a milestone in boosting domestic tourism in India.
Shri Ramayana Yatra train begins its religious tour from Delhi-Safdargunj Railway Station to Ayodhya. After Ayodhya, Prayagraj and Kashi in Uttar Pradesh come next, followed by Bihar, Nepal, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and finally, the train will stop in the Karnataka. The unique deluxe AC coaches of the Ramayana circuit trains are modern and equipped with a similar array of features to those on the Maharaja Express.
Swadesh Darshan Program
In India, pilgrimage sites are of paramount importance. Swadesh Darshan is the government’s project implemented to experience the numerous pilgrimage sites with world-class facilities. The Union Ministry of Tourism launched Swadesh Darshan Program in January 2015. The main aim of this scheme is to create a theme-based tourist circuit. This Project seeks to improve economic conditions, employment, food, and accommodation in tourist areas, which will enhance Indian tourism worldwide.
The Ramayana Circuit Train: A Special Train for Religious Tour in India
Ramayana express, also called the Ramayana circuit train, began its journey with just two trains, operating until 2019. Unfortunately, the religious yatra train was put to an end in 2020 due to COVID 19. As a result of improving the pandemic situation, IRCTC started the special tourist train to spur spiritual tourism in India.
With the overwhelming response from passengers, Indian Railways started the Shri Ramayan Yatra train after Buddha Circuit. Various religious trains are expected to be in operation over the next few months to meet the needs of religious tourists in India.
Here’s all the information about IRCTC Shri Ramayana Yatra Train routes, fares, and features.
- The journey’s first stop is in Ayodhya, Shri Ram’s birthplace, where tourists will visit Shri Ram Janbhoomi Temple, Hanuman Temple, and Nandigram’s Bharat Temple.
- After departing from Ayodhya, this train will arrive in Sitamarhi, and passengers will visit the Ram Janaki Temple in Janakpur by road.
- The train’s next stop will be Kashi, the city of Lord Shiva: From here, passengers will have access to the famous temples of Kashi, Varanasi, Prayag Chitrakoot, and Shrigverpur Ghat. The tour will include a night’s stay in Prayagraj and Chitrakoot.
- Shree Ramayan circuit will head to Nashik, which is a prominent pilgrimage center for Hindus. Our visit here will include Panchavati and Trayambakeshwar Temple.
- The next destination will be the ancient Krishkindha city Hampi. You can also visit Hanuman’s birthplace and other significant pilgrimage sites in Anjani Parvat here.
- Following this, Rameshwaram will be the final stopover of the religious journey. Devotees can have the opportunity to visit the historical Shiva temple and Dhanush Koti.
You can find train time table of all trains running between two stations in any Indian railway route.
Ramayan Yatra Train covers about 7500 km of religious travel in two kinds of packages that include domestic and premium. The Ramayana circuit trip package cost Rs 82,950 per person for the AC-2 tier, while the ticket price for the first AC premium package is Rs 1,02,095. The tour package covers 16 nights and 17 days journey.
Shri Ramayan Yatra Trains are outfitted with these futuristic facilities:
- Ramayana Yatra Train Compartments are Deluxe AC coaches fitted with the unique feature.
- High-end devices such as video surveillance cameras and a security guard for every coach are deployed to ensure the safety of the passengers
- Any Government or PSU employee visiting Ramayana Circuit may apply for LTC services based on eligibility.
- A cubicle/shower room with sensor-based functions is also provided in the Ramayana express train’s compartment
- Foot massage machines are also available to alleviate passenger fatigue caused due to long-duration traveling.
- The package also includes Round trip services in AC Vehicles for sight-seeing
- Medical assistance is provided to devotee passengers to ensure safety post-COVID-19.
- Travel guides, insurance, and various services are also supplied in the special religious train of the IRCTC
- This train will have a modern kitchen service for passengers, to provide delicious vegetarian food
- Accommodation in Luxurious AC hotels for a night’s stay is included in the tour package.
- The train will have dedicated tour managers to assist devotee passengers. There is a mini-library at Ramayana Circuit, which includes the religious book in storage
- Electronic lockers are also provided on the train for the safety of the belongings.
Dining Restaurant in Ramayana Circuit Train
The Ramayana Yatra train’s coaches have a movable restaurant with a royal and elegant interior, where you can enjoy your food comprising breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Parallel to this, there is a pantry service on the train with the modern kitchen facility. You can also enjoy sattvik food on the train. In terms of facilities, the Ramayana Circuit train resembles that of the Maharaja Express.
Provision of Safety Kits ensured by IRCTCs Ramayana Yatra Train
As a precaution, the passengers on this excursion are paid special attention during the visit. IRCTC supplies, safety kits, including masks, gloves, and disinfectants for all passengers. Temperature verification of tourists and employees are done at regular interval. Also, the train is sanitized at every halt to prevent any risk of Coronavirus. Although, complete COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for persons above the age of 18 before boarding this train.
The IRCTC launched another set of Ramayana Yatra from Madurai.
Indian Railways are running another set of Ramayana Yatra trains from Madurai from November 16. This train covers the religious trip from the South via Tiruchirappalli, Karur Erode, Salem, and Chennai Central to the North. In addition, IRCTC also operated Shri Ramayana Yatra Express from Sri Ganga Nagar on November 25. Along the same lines, a special Ram Path Yatra train is also scheduled for November 27.
RailMitra welcomes all the devotees on a divine and spiritual journey by Ramayana Yatra Train.
What is the Ramayana Express?
Ramayana Yatra Express is a pilgrimage tour train operated by IRCTC that transports pilgrims to all the sacred sites associated with Shri Ram. This train is part of the “Dekho Apna Desh” program, which aims to promote domestic and religious tourism in India. The 17-day tour includes famous religious sites such as Ayodhya, Varanasi, Sitamarhi, Chitrakoot, and Rameswaram.
How Many Ramayana Express Trains are run by IRCTC?
IRCTC’s Ramayana Yatra trains are expected to run on several routes and dates in the coming years. Following this, Indian Railways initiated another set of the Ramayana Yatra Express from Madurai on November 16th to cater to the demand of devotees from South India. In response to the increasing demand of passengers, IRCTC has approved the religious tourist train connecting Sri Ganga Nagar on November 25th and Rampath Yatra on November 27th. These religious tourist trains are equipped with necessary facilities for devotee travelers.
How affordable is the Shri Ramayana Yatra special train for common people launched by IRCTC?
There are two packages available in train, including accommodations, AC vehicles for sight-seeing, meals, insurance, etc. The minimum cost of a 17-day trip to Rama Circuit with world-class facilities is Rs 80 thousand. However, the fare might not be affordable for people with an average income; the cost of traveling on Ramayana Express is fair.
In an attempt to meet the passenger’s need, the Railway Ministry has announced the launch of Bharat Darshan on December 12. The ticket price of this train will be Rs 12,285, which includes vegetarian food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, a vehicle for sight-seeing, and lodging is also included in the fare.
Since religious places and faith occupy an important place in the heart of Indian people, the Indian railways have planned to operate numerous other trains like Ramayana Yatra in the coming years. According to Railway officials, this initiative is undoubtedly going to enhance national tourism worldwide.
To know more about the latest updates on Ramayana Yatra Trains, download the RailMitra app now and check train schedule, seat availability, ticket fare, train live running status, and more. Moreover, you can order Sattvik and the best quality Veg and Jain food in the train and enjoy them while traveling.