Taj Mahotsava is one of the most cherished and eagerly awaited festivals of India. This festival is celebrated every year in the month of love, February! The festival begins on 18th February and ends on 27th of February every year. With the same excitement and zeal, the event is going to raise the curtains from Indian culture, dance forms, musical night, art and craft and the Taj Mahal Shilpgram decoration are going to leave to stunned and bounce around with great happiness.
Taj Mahotsava is celebrated at “Shilpgram” near the eastern gate of Taz-Mahal. The festival is majorly known for its artistic exhibition and cultural programs that showcase the true colors of Indian culture. Many artists come together on this platform to showcase their arts and crafts.Recommended Read:Guest is God: Attractive Tourism Attracting Tourists in India
Taj Mahotsava: An IntroductionIt was 1992 when the festival was organized for the first time. This annual festival is organized by the Department of Tourism, Government of India. The festival is celebrated with a theme and the theme of this year is the “Parampara”. Backdrops, exhibitions, cuisine, crafts and cultural programs support the theme celebration. In fact, a committee has been appointed for the successful execution of the event. This year in 2019, it’s the 28th Taj Mahotsava being celebrated on the pious land of “Agra: The Indo-Gangetic Wonder of India”. The festival starts with a procession of decorated elephants and camels. Thousands of people join this procession. Trumpet, drums and other victorious musicians make this procession musical enough and it seems like a road show being conducted after a King’s victory. The procession is taken out in the memory of Mughal emperors and their victory in India against other forces. Millions of visitors and tourists come here to become a part of this colorful event. This year too, the legacy is continued. Check the train running status and board the next train to Agra. If you’re at New Delhi, Gatimaan Express is there for you to reach Agra within an hour.
Entry is free for foreigners and Indian children aged below 5 years. Other Indian visitors need to take a pass worth Rs. 40 per head.
Things to Do
There are a ton of activities and cultural shows to enjoy in the festival. You will have many exhibitions of arts and crafts from where you can purchase souvenirs for decorating your home. Many mesmerizing programs and cultural shows are organized here for attendees.
The Taj-Mahotsava is a complete family pack festival. You can go with your family and friends in this fest. Funfair is the happiest and most enjoyable spot for children and an amusing day out for adults. You can enjoy several kinds of rides in this fare. Children can have fun in dragon-race ride, ferries wheel ride and train rides and on the other hand roller coaster ride amuses teenagers. In a nutshell, the fun fare offers fun to one and all attending the festival.
Any fest is incomplete without the cuisines and delicacy delights. You will have plethora of food options available in this festival. Almost all kinds of food from Indian states are prepared and served here. If you are foodie traveler then you have landed at the right place. Older than centuries and traditional cuisines of Uttar Pradesh, is served here. The mouth watering and finger-licking food attracts the travelers and tourist by its aroma. One must taste the cuisines served in this festival.
How to reach at Taj-festival
Things to keep in mind while visiting the Festival
There are no such restrictions or recommendation especially for the festival but you need to follow few guidelines while touring the city and attending the Taj Mahotsava 2019.
- Don’t drink or smoke in public area. You are advised to enjoy the festival free from all kinds of all sorts of narcotic effects.
- Tickets are available at ticket windows on every entry gates. There are no separate tickets for cultural programs.
- Book your hotel room in advance. Govt. Accommodation, hotels and paying guest houses are widely available at reasonable rate.
- Do not buy any tickets or book hotel rooms from any stranger or unauthorized agents.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have a license and other required papers along with you.
- Help to maintain cleanliness around the festival premises.
- Don’t click pictures at the restricted areas.
- Don’t make fun or pass comments, or click photographs of people enjoying in the festival. It can be embarrassing for them. India has a diverse life style and cultures, so respect the people.
- Always co-operate with the festival management and local people.
- This is a cultural festival of India, wear decent clothes and respect dressing of others too.
These are some of the small tips and guidelines for you to enjoy this artistic festival. So book your train ticket today and move to the cultural festival of Agra.