Rail News

Indian Railways Clarified Only 5 Per Cent Private Trains Being Run By Private Operators

Private operators are operating five per cent of the additional trains. Railways will run the remaining 95 per cent trains. 

 

Rail News: Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav has dismissed the apprehension that private trains run by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in the country will be costlier in terms of passenger fares. Along with this, he said that private operators are operating only 5 per cent of the additional trains. Railways will run the remaining 95 per cent trains. Vinod Kumar Yadav said that private train operators cannot fix any travel fare, which is more in terms of AC buses and aeroplanes. He hoped that by April 2023, private trains would start running in the country.

 

Also Read: Sheshnag of Indian Railways Sets New Record by Operating 2.8 Km Long Train

 

Railways Trying to Use State-of-the-art Coaches in Trains

Talking to the media in Delhi, Yadav clarified that private operators are running only 5 per cent of the additional trains and the remaining 95 trains will be operated by the Railways. He said, “We are trying to use state-of-the-art coaches in railways as well.” He made it clear that Indian Railways would be responsible for the safety and security of railways, as well as the drivers and guards of these private trains. The private operators will only see the operation of the coach.

 

8.4 Crore Passengers Travelled by Trains in 2019

Yadav said that in the last 70 years, infrastructure development in railways was not taken care of. He said, “13.3 per cent of the reservation is not confirmed yet. We are trying to get everyone a train berth.” He said that according to an estimate, 8.4 crore passengers travelled by train in 2019. In 2030, this figure is likely to be 13 crores, while by 2040, 18 crores people will travel by train. In such a situation, it is necessary to make infrastructural development and arrangements required in the railways.

 

Railways are Going to Run 151 Private Trains 

Railways are soon going to run 151 private trains on different routes of India and have already started the exercise. Railways have asked for tenders from private companies for these trains running on 109 routes. IRCTC is currently operating two private Tejas trains in the country.

 

Also Read: Indian Railways will operate Third Private Tejas Train between Dehradun-Delhi

 

According to the Railway Ministry, while running a private train will employ many people, this will also take less travel time for commuters. Not only this, but travellers will also get security and world-class facilities. It is the first time that the Railways have invited bids from private companies to run trains. These trains will be run in 12 zones of the railway.

 

For latest Indian Railways News, log on to RailMitra and stay updated!

Author: Aashish Ranjan


Aashish Ranjan has worked as News Reporter & Content Writer with 3 years of expertise in assigning, shaping and directing news stories. He is dedicated to covering all relevant news with speed & accuracy. He has graduated in Mass Communication fro

Recent Post

Private Train in India: All That You Need to Know
Private Train in India: All That You Need to Know
Top 10 Pilgrimages in India to Visit by Train
Top 10 Pilgrimages in India to Visit by Train
Longest Railway Tunnel and Famous Rail cum Road Bridges of India
Longest Railway Tunnel and Famous Rail cum Road Br...
Train Travel Tips for Smart Travelling during the Festivals
Train Travel Tips for Smart Travelling during the...
Train Ticket Booking Tips: Know How to Get Confirmed Tickets
Train Ticket Booking Tips: Know How to Get Confirm...

Rail News

Vande Bharat Trains To Be Upgraded With New Features by 2022
Vande Bharat Trains To Be Upgraded With New Featur...
Indian Railways: List of Festival Special Trains for Durga Puja, Diwali, and Chhath
Indian Railways: List of Festival Special Trains f...
Railway Station Redevelopment: RLDA to Redevelop 49 Additional Stations
Railway Station Redevelopment: RLDA to Redevelop 4...
Indian Railways To Get Aluminum Coaches by Feb 2022: Know Why It Is Important?
Indian Railways To Get Aluminum Coaches by Feb 202...
Train Ticket Booking: IRCTC Introduces New Codes for Seat Booking
Train Ticket Booking: IRCTC Introduces New Codes f...

Top Categories

Author: Aashish Ranjan


Aashish Ranjan has worked as News Reporter & Content Writer with 3 years of expertise in assigning, shaping and directing news stories. He is dedicated to covering all relevant news with speed & accuracy. He has graduated in Mass Communication fro