Order Food in Train at Alappuzha Junction
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Alappuzha railway station is situated in Alappuzha district of the Indian state of Kerala. The station is operated by Southern Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. The station has 3 platforms to handle long distance and passenger trains. The city is popular as “Venice of the East” because of its numerous waterways. Tourists visit Alappuzha to admire its natural beauty. Alappuzha is also known Allepey is a famous honeymoon destination and a perfect location to spot bird and animal life. The city is well-connected to all means of transportation. But, travelling via train is considered as the most preferred and affordable journey. Train journey offers you to appreciate the fascinating land of India. The routes of Kerala are worth to admire from train’s window. Passengers halting at Alappuzha station can order food in train at Alappuzha Junction via Railmitra food app and can double the enjoyment.
About Alappuzha city
Alappuzha is a very beautiful city to explore and to spend some quality time with your partner and family. The place is situated at the distance of almost 150 km from the capital city Tiruvanthpuram. Allepey is a place which is calm, serene, and away from the crowd.
Things to do in Alleppey
- Watch the sunset from the Boat Jetty Bridge
Take a walk to Jetty Bridge and watch all the canoes and boats moving along slowly as the sun gently sets behind the river. Watching sunset from boat Jetty Bridge are truly enchanting and astounding.
- Spend a night in Houseboat
Your trip to Alleppey is incomplete without spending a night in the houseboat. It is little costly but worth to take this amazing experience. Looking at the moving water gives you the most incredible feeling ever.
- Try the Kerala Cuisines
Apart from experiencing the beauty of Kerala, you will also love to taste the amazing flavor of Kerala. Taste Appam, Puttu and some of the most amazing fried fishes ever. It is not only delicious but pocket-friendly also.
How to reach Alleppy
There are several ways to reach Alappuzhua but it depends on you which mode of transportations comes under budget and which you prefer most comforting.
- By Air
Alleppy does not have its own airport yet! The city is situated near Kochi which serves as its nearest airport. To reach Alappuzha you can take a flight to Kochi. Book a rented car/cab from airport to reach the place. It lies 78 km away from Kochi airport.
- By Train
The city is very well-connected with all almost all the major routes of India which makes it easier to reach here via train.
How to order food via Railmitra app?
There are some easy steps which you need to follow to order food from Railmitra food app.
- Download Railmitra app for food ordering in train from Google Play Store and enter your allotted PNR number. It will display the list of stations and our associated restaurants on those particular halting stations.
- Explore the menu and select your food and add them into cart. Here you can see the total bill of your ordered food.
- Choose our payment option and make your payment. We accept both online and offline payment. To pay online you use credit card/debit card/ net banking. Using digital wallet like Paytm, Free charge, Pay U Money is also an option to pay for your food. If you want to make your payment after food delivery, choose our offline payment mode Cash on Delivery.
- When your order gets placed, you will receive a confirmation.
- Order before 60 minutes arrival of train.
- Choose offline mode of payment when your train is in low network zone .
Railmitra’s catering partner at Alappuzha Junction
Halais Family Restaurant is our catering partner at Alappuzha junction. It assures to serve best food options to satiate your hunger. Passengers craving for something different and delicious can order food in train from this restaurant. Following is our special menu to serve at this junction:
- Veg Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani
- Veg fried rice, Manchurian, Hakka Noodles, and Paneer Chilly
- Snacks: Puri Bhaji, Chole Bhature, Veg Burger, Bread Butter toast, Grilled Sandwich etc.
- Non veg items like chicken chilli, Chicken Handi, Chicken Masala, Mutton Curry, Egg Curry
- Rice preparations like Plain rice, Daal Khichdi, Jeera Rice, Curd Rice, and Veg Pulao
- South Indian Thali, Dosa variety, Uttapam, Idli and Vada Sambhar
- Vegetables like Malai Kofta, Aloo Dum, Aloo Jeera mix veg curry
- Combo meals (Indian and Chinese)
- Plain roti, Butter roti, Naan, Lachha paratha
- Dessert: Gulab Jamun
- Jain food: Passengers can also order jain food in train and Railmitra will deliver it at your seat.
How to order food for group in train
Railmitra offers you to order food for group while travelling in a group. Here you can avail 10% discount on your food and can save your pocket. To order group food in train call @ 8102888222 and get 10% discount on your food.
- Use Coupon code "GROUP20" and get 20% discount on food bill.
- You can also use coupon code "RM10" for a discount.
Enjoy cuisines of your choice in train and relish your trip to Alleppey.