Order Food in Train at Mumbai Central Junction
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Food Delivery in Trains at the Mumbai Central Railway Station (MMCT) using RailMitra
Order food in train at the Mumbai Central Railway Station with RailMitra to get fresh and tasty delicacies quickly delivered at your berth.
RailMitra provides food through RailRestro, which is an IRCTC–authorised e-catering partner at the Mumbai Central Railway station.
With RailMitra, you have a wide variety of menu options to choose from - From Awadhi biryani to Chinese, Veg/Non-veg curries to smoky tandoori items, south Indian dosa to Gujarati dhokla, various thalis (Maharaja, deluxe, veg/non-veg thali), combo (Indian and Chinese), and many more to choose from.
RailMitra provides you quality and hygienic food delivery in train at the Mumbai Central railway station right at your berth. You can order your food online or can also call an hour before your train reaches the station.
Use the coupon code RM10 while paying and get a 10 per cent discount on your meal order.
Why Should You Use RailMitra for Food on Trains at the Mumbai Central Railway Station?
- IRCTC-Authorized Food Partner. RailMitra has partnered with RailRestro, which is an e-catering app and official partner of IRCTC to serve the best food in trains.
- Wide Range of Menu Options. RailMitra provides a wide range of cuisines from every corner of India to help you enjoy your favourite meal during your train journey.
- Group Food Order. With RailMitra, you also get the facility of placing a group food order if you are travelling with your family or friends.
- Coverage Across India. RailMitra has coverage across more than 450 stations where it delivers fresh and hygienic food on trains as of 2020 and is slated to grow to more stations in India soon.
- Jain Special Food: RailMitra also serves pure vegetarian Jain food on board during your journey.
- Check Your PNR Status. RailMitra app also has an option to check and predict the confirmation of PNR status of a train ticket by entering the 10-digit PNR number.
- Live Train Schedule. By checking the train schedule feature in the RailMitra app, you can get details of the arrival and departure time of trains, intermediate stations and their halt timings, days on which the train runs, as well as the train routes.
- Train Running Status. Track the current position of your train by checking the train running status in the RailMitra app.
4 Steps to Order Food Online at the Mumbai Central Railway Station Using RailMitra
Follow these four steps, and get online food delivery in the train at Mumbai Central Railway Station:
- Step 1: Log in to RailMitra or download RailMitra App. Visit RailMitra’s website www.railmitra.com or download RailMitra mobile app and on Google Play Store or Apple Store and log in.
- Step 2: Enter PNR or Train Name/Number & Select Boarding Station. Choose the option of Order Food in Train. Order via PNR by entering your 10-digit PNR number or order via Train No. by entering the Train Name or Number and selecting the boarding date. Next, select the boarding station.
- Step 3: Choose Your Favourite Food. View the details of the menu under the list of restaurants. Select the food from the menu and check the price. The selected food will be added to your cart.
- Step 4: Pay and Wait for the Food at Your Seat. Pay for your food bill using Cash on Delivery (COD) or any online payment mode through debit card or credit card or internet banking or PayUMoney or Paytm or free charge wallet. You will receive a confirmation message and will receive the food at your selected boarding station at your seat.
Group Food Order in Trains at the Mumbai Central Railway Station
If you’re travelling in a group and want to order food in bulk for your group in a train at the Mumbai Central Railway Station, then request a call back from RailMitra representative or chat for your order by calling 8102888222. Our representatives will assist you in ordering food in train at the Mumbai Central railway station.
You can either choose to pay online at one of our secure payment gateways or opt for cash on delivery (COD).
Pure Veg Food in Train at the Mumbai Central Railway Station
If you want pure veg food in trains, then don’t worry! RailMitra also serves pure veg food on trains. RailMitra has a wide variety of options of delicious pure veg food as well as different varieties of pure vegetarian Thali to choose from.
You can order using the RailMitra website or app and get online food delivery at Mumbai Central Railway Station or call us on 8102888222.
Important Points to Know Before You Order Food on Trains at Your Seat Using RailMitra
- The minimum order amount for ordering food in the train using RailMitra is Rs. 100.
- Order your food at least an hour before reaching the boarding station where you want to get your food delivered.
- You can use the promo code RM10 to get a 10% discount on your food order.
- Use GROUP20 to get a 20% discount at your group food order.
Mumbai Central Railway Station - A Brief Overview
Mumbai Central Railway Station is formally known as Bombay Central Terminus Railway Station. It is one of the important stations on the Western Line. The station is one of the oldest railway stations in India, designed by the architect Claude Batley.
The station is a major connecting sport as various trains traverse across Northern, Western, and North- Western parts of India. The station is divided into two parts, and it takes on both local and long-distance trains. The western part of the railway station is committed to all the local trains that run on the Churchgate- Virar Suburban section and have four high - level platforms.
Another part of the railway station is committed to the eastern region which has five platforms, where long-distance trains manage to and fro. The Mumbai Central Railway Station is the most crowded one and providing food onboard is a challenging task right at your berth, but RailMitra is a significant player in this sector.
For Food delivery in the Mumbai Central Railway Station, RailMitra guarantees you hygienic and fresh food in trains at your seat.
Mumbai, which is called the “city of dreams”, has a fascinating history with several interesting stories. It is the capital city of Maharashtra and is one of the largest metropolitans in the world and fourth-most populous city in India. It is also known as India’s economic centre.
The city has unique blends of culture, tradition, music, theatres, festival, and food. The city offers several tourist attractions which include Elephanta caves, Victoria Terminus, Gateway of India, Bandra Worli Sea Link, Hanging Garden, but Marin drive is one of the most visited places by tourists and locals. It is officially known as Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, a place where one can find peace and enjoyment at the same time.
How to Reach the Mumbai Central Railway Station?
The Mumbai Central Railway Station is one of the important stations that connect the city with several Indian Railways stations. The station has connectivity to almost every corner of India through several trains that run regularly.
Major Stations Nearby the Mumbai Central Railway Station
(BCT) Mumbai Central Railway Station – 0.34 Km
(CSTM) Mumbai CST Railway Station - 3.4 Km
(DR) Dadar Railway Station – 6.02 Km
(DDR) Dadar Railway Station – 6.03 Km
(BDTS) Bandra Terminus Railway Station – 9.76 Km
(LTT) Lokmanyatilak T Railway Station - 12.42 Km
(ADH) Andheri Railway Station – 16.85 Km
Some Popular Trains Crossing the Mumbai Central Railway Station
22935 - Mumbai Bandra Terminus- Palitana SF Express
12388 - Ahmedabad- Howrah SF Express
14708 - Ranakpur Express
19263 - Porbandar- Delhi Sarai Rohilla
22955 - Kutch SF Express
04702 - Bandra Terminus- Bikaner Special
18422 - Ajmer – Puri Express
12946 - Mahuva- Surat Express
Mumbai airport, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, serves as Mumbai’s domestic airport. It is well-connected to almost every city of India.
You can reach the Mumbai Central Railway Station from Mumbai airport by taking a cab, taxi, auto, bus or metro from the airport. The shortest distance is of around 18 Km, and it can take about 37 minutes to reach the station from the airport.
Mumbai is well-connected with National Highways which connects the city to the other key cities with roads. Mumbai-Vashi is the nearest bus stand from where buses are readily available from various other cities.
The Mumbai- Vashi bus stand is around 28 Km away from the Mumbai Central railway station and can take about 54 minutes to reach the station. You can also take a cab, taxi, auto, bus, or metro from the bus stand to reach the Mumbai Central railway station.
Rated 4.5 by verified customers who ordered food in Train from RailmitraRead all Reviews...
If you are looking for awesome experience in terms of food, Railmitra is one stop for you.
Overall Rating: 5
Food Delivered to me at Itarsi was served hot n fresh. This was the first time I tried ordering via online mode. I would suggest to include more options for vegetarian people.
Overall Rating: 4
Food Delivered by Railmitra was awesome in taste. I would highly recommend everyone to try this out sometime.