Order Food in Train at Nagpur Junction
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Order Food in Train at Nagpur Station:
Nagpur is one of the most important cities of state of Maharashtra and is also the second capital of the state. The city is popular for its oranges, culture and cuisine. The food here is mainly influenced with the cooking style of Vidarbha region. It is called as saoji or varhadi cuisine, which includes main dishes used by the savji community. The traditional food that served in Nagpur has a lot of spices and is rich in essence. The spices are used for preparing delicious gravies and include poppy seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves black pepper and coriander seeds. Commonly referred to as the city of oranges, Nagpur is fast becoming The Tiger Capital of India as well. This is due to its promising number of tiger reserves. With a rich cultural history dating back to over 3000 years, Nagpur is a city is like no other.
Located at the center of India, Nagpur Railway Station enjoys the privilege of being the Divisional Head Quarters for the Central Railway and South East Central Railways Zones - a rare and significant position for being the headquarters of two different divisions of the Indian Railways. A total of 1.5 lakh passengers commute via a total of 160 trains that either board or leave Nagpur Railway Station.
Passengers at the Nagpur Railway Station have the facility to be delivered some amazing food by the highly skilled vendors at Railrestro. Railrestro always keeps up its promise of providing tasty food with great service and high quality standards. You can order food online at the Nagpur Station roughly an hour before the train's arrival at the station. Railrestro serves its customers fresh and hot multi flavored cuisines right on their seats. All one needs to do is place an order online by visiting the Railrestro website, chose the meal and provide details like train, coach and seat number. Passengers can avail the food delivery service from various food courts in Nagpur like Raj Restaurant, Vrindawan hotel, etc.
- Choose to order according to your preferences.
- Order Food at Nagpur station via Railrestro App.
- Single or multiple orders can be placed minutes before train's arrival at the Nagpur Station, 30 minutes, 60 minutes or even 2 hours before, subject to quantity of the order and type of food.
- Nagpur Rly Station: 012-55760
- Control Room, Nagpur Railway police: 0712-2743982, 9637042947
Below are given some of the most popular dishes of the region.
- Pohe: Pohe are prepared from puffed or flattened rice and is served in breakfast with tea. There are many variations of pohe that one can find here such as Kanda pohe prepared with onions, dadpe pohe, batat pohe and so forth. Coriander and grated coconut are used for garnishing of this dish.
- Pitla Bhakhri: The locals of Nagpur like this dish very much. It is a typically Maharashtrian recipe that is made with powdered Bengal gram. A pasty dish called pitla is made with powdered Bengal gram, and then it is served with bread. The bread is made with jowar or bajra flour and is called as bhakri.
- Spicy Chicken: The spicy chicken is another dish that is enjoyed very much in Nagpur and cooked with steamed chicken. The boneless chicken is steamed first and then is marinated in a concentrated mixture of plenty of spices for a long time. After marinating, the chicken is deep fried and served hot. The dish might bring tears out of your eyes, but the flavors of the spices will force you to try this dish again and again.
- Sabudana Khichdi: The sabudana khichdi is also very popular in Maharashtra and is considered to be very light and good for digestion. It is made with latex of the sago palm. Sabudana is the main ingredient of this dish and consumed by the locals in breakfast.
- Sandage: Sandage is a traditional and authentic dish of Maharashtra. The dish is made with Bengal grams and spices. The Bengal grams are finely ground, and then, there is a paste made of it. After that, small balls are prepared from the paste that is left in sun for drying. Once the balls are dried, they are stored in jars. These balls are cooked with vegetable and spices and are served with bread or chapattis.
- Bharli Vangi : Stuffed Eggplant of Bharli Vangi is also a popular dish of Nagpur. The dish is prepared with eggplants that are stuffed with a mixture of potatoes, peanuts and coconuts along with plenty of spices. Then the eggplants are shallow fried and served hot with chapattis.
If you also like to enjoy the regional dishes of Nagpur, then you can avail the services of online food delivery at Nagpur station. They can deliver you fresh and delicious food of your choice, and you do not have to leave even your train seat.
How to Reach Nagpur:
- By Flight: There are regular flights from other major cities of the country to Nagpur.Airport(s): Sonegaon Airport (Nag)
- By Train: Nagpur is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular trains. Railway Station(s): Nagpur Junction (Ngp), Ajni (Ajni), Itwari (Itr), Malegaon Vyenku (Mgvk), Khat (Khat), Tharsa (Tar), Kalamna (Kav)
- By Road: Bombay Calcutta NH-6 and Kanyakumari Varanasi NH-7 pass through the city. This city is well connected by road with major cities and villages in and out the state of Maharashtra.
Popular Trains Passing Nagpur Stations:
- Order Food in Train in Gitanjali Express (12859)
- Order Food in Train in Duronto Express (12269)
- Order Food in Train in Korea Express (22648)
- Order Food in Train in Tamilnadu Express (12622)
- Order Food in Patliputra Express (22352)
- Order Food in Train in Nizamuddin Express (12643)
- Order Food in Raptisagar Express (12512)
You don’t need to crave food while traveling in train and passing by Nagpur station. Order food online at Nagpur station and get it delivered on seat from Railrestro. Call us to know more at 8102888111.