Order Food in Train at Vijayawada Junction
From IRCTC Approved Partners & Restaurants
How it Works? Food Delivery in Train
Vijayawada is a city located on the banks of Krishna river in the state of Andhrapradesh. Vijayawada is one of the rapidly growing urban markets of the India. The sectors that contribute to the economy of the city are, construction, education, entertainment, food processing, hospitality, registrations, transport etc.
Most of the cuisines available are vegetarian but the place also offers something tasty in fish. Food is something that makes everyone happy and in good mood. Make it a point to taste the local food of Vijayawada or anywhere else especially if you are traveling. So grab a bite while traveling in train.
The traditional dishes that are served in Vijayawada are mainly hot and spicy which adds to much of the flavors people like to have. The common dishes that one must try there are:
- Tamarind rice (locally known as Pulihara; hot rice mixed with tamarind bits and sauce for a tangy taste).
- Avakkai Pickle (made of raw mangoes).
- Guttivankaya Kura (seasoned eggplant cooked with rich spices and chilies).
Since Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of rice, and thus, Vijayawada being a part of that state includes rice in its staple food list. All the local people have rice as a meal at least once a day. Anyone traveling to or passing by Vijayawada can order food in train at Vijayawada station can order both vegetarian and non vegetarian foods in train.
If you are thinking that you can get only vegetarian dishes here; you are absolutely wrong. You can order some tasty prawn and seafood dishes, which are greatly available here as it is situated on a coastal area. In fact, spicy mutton curry is a delicacy out there. The non-vegetarian dishes have rich flavors and slowly cooked to savor the taste. Grilled meat and fish are also a good option when you are traveling there.
How to reach?
- Nearest Airport: The nearest airport is Vijayawada Airport located 18 km away.
- Railways: Vijayawada has the second biggest railway junction in India, making it an important connectivity hub for South India’s railway network. It has train connectivity to every city in the south and also to all major Indian cities and towns and is situated along the Howrah-Chennai main line and Delhi–Chennai line. Vijayawada also has eight other railway stations catering to the enormous rail traffic. Shatabdi Express, Bangalore Mail, Guwahati Express, Chennai Express, Coromandal Express, Jaipur Express, etc. stop here. One can order food in train in all the locations.
- Roadways: There are three national highways, the NH-5 or NH-16, the NH-9 or NH-65 and the NH-221 or NH-30 which connect it to other parts of the country. The Pandit Nehru Bus Station has state-run APSRTC buses with more than 450 city buses which include Metro Express, Ordinary and City Sheetal offering various types of facilities like A/C, etc. Private buses for interstate buses have deluxe, ultra-deluxe, A/C and Volvo buses.
Popular Trains Passing Vijayawada:
- Order Food in Charminar Express (12759)
- Order Food in Konark Express (11019)
- Order Food in Chennai Express (06316)
- Order Food in East Cost Express (18646)
- Order Food in Kharagpur Express (22604)
- Order Food in Puri Gareeb Rath Express (22884)
- Order Food in Bhubaneshwar Express (12846)
- Order Food in Coromandel Express (12841)
- Order Food in Tamilnadu Express (12622)
You don’t need to crave food while traveling in train and passing by Vijayawada station. Order food online at Vijayawada station and get it delivered on seat from Railrestro. Call us to know more at 8102888111.